Anyone From Massachusetts That Can Help Me???

Decorating By kathy777 Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 4:37am by FromScratch

kathy777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy777 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 12:25am
post #1 of 3

Hi there .. I have been decorating cakes about a year now.. for friends and family.. I would like to start my own business out of my home but can't find anywhere online about what i need to start one.. I know i need to be food safe certified and i am doing that on nov 18th but what else do i need anyone have a list for me?? Any info would be greatly appreicated..

2 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 4:21am
post #2 of 3

Start with your city gov. Then county, and state HD, and AG.


FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 4:37am
post #3 of 3

You will need to call the Department of Agriculture.. they deal with the food service licenses in MA. It's different in different towns, so I'd check into that before taking the food safe course just in case you can't have a licensed home kitchen (if that's what you are going for).

Quote by @%username% on %date%