Help!!! Scavenger Hunt Birthday Party Cake

Decorating By terri76 Updated 11 Nov 2008 , 1:56pm by terri76

terri76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terri76 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 6

I've just been asked to do a cake for a scavenger hunt birthday party and I don't even know where to begin. icon_cry.gif Has anyone ever done a cake for this type party or have any ideas for the decorations on the cake? I've looked in the gallery but I've not found anything.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! Please....

Thanks once again for everyone's help!

5 replies
mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 6

Is there any way to get your hands on the list of items that will be used at the party? And, maybe some accent colors? You could mold the items out of fondant and scatter them on the cake. You could even make a fondant list and scratch off some of the items.

Just a thought, kinda hard to describe what I am picturing, but kinda chaotic, but in a good way. I have hosted a couple parties like this and they are always crazy and so much fun. So, the cake should fit the party!

HTH

grammynan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammynan Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 6

How about a treasure map?!

cakemomma200811 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomma200811 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 6

or a treasure chest full of gold coins, etc. Do you know what they will find at the end of the hunt?

sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 5:59pm
post #5 of 6

Or "hiding" the objects on the cake somehow?

terri76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terri76 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 1:56pm
post #6 of 6

Well, so far all the mom has given me are the colors, blue green and brown, more of the soft muted colors not primary. She said she's not yet gotten a list or items yet for the hunt so I'm still in the dark with that.

Thanks so much for the ideas and if anyone has more please send them on. Thank goodness she let me know that she's changed the party date, so I've got another week to come up with something.

Thanks for all your ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%