Can You Do The Thanksgiving Turkey With

Decorating By marriedtoagreek74 Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 11:07am by dg10148

marriedtoagreek74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marriedtoagreek74 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:54am
post #1 of 2

fondant and get a nice shiny effect? Has anyone done this and who would you go about getting the "roasted" effect? People aren't crazy about powdered sugar buttercream where we live and I only have used SMBC as a filling.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do with fondant?

While I am here and you guys are reading, totally another subject, but does anyone know why my cake pics won't upload but a few of my cookie ones did just fine? I have tried several times and no luck. I posted this as a topic and got no answers, so if anyone reading this knows, will you pretty please answer this ???? too?? Pretty please!

TIA

1 reply
dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 11:07am
post #2 of 2

I did a turkey last year we don't like buttercream so I used cream cheese icing {carrot cake} and used a mesh bag I had to imprint the turkey with and then I airbrushed it yellow and then with brown and it cane out shiny. I think it would turn out the same way with fondant just imprint it before you put it on the cake. The cake is in my photos. As for the pictures I always have a hard time they say they are to big and then sometimes I have no problems. Wish I could help better

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%