The Cake Was Horrible!!!

Decorating By TheCakeShak Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 1:23pm by JanH

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 7:03am
post #1 of 4

Today I tried the Root Beer Cake from the Cake Mix Doctor.. It was so horrible to taste, yet to look at!!
The cake completely flattened after I took it out of the oven to cool. As I kept looking at it, I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a good cake after it got so so flat! And this was a 13x9x2 pan.

So, I cut it into squares and it looked like "raw cornmeal, mushy" YUCKY!!
I could probably used it for wall paper paste..
I followed the recipe to the " t ", it tasted bad!! I told my DH when he asked if I made the root beer cake, and when I told him sure did, he asked, "well", how did it turn out?", I said, "wanna see?"... and I showed him the trash can.
I will never use this crazy mix doctor book again. In fact, I threw mine in the trash. This is the 4th time, I tried a recipe from this book, and the cakes tasted yucky but looked HORRIBLE too....
The only thing that turned out good and tasted like root beer was the root beer icing I made for the new cake.
Just wanted to share....... icon_mad.gif

3 replies
GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 7:26am
post #2 of 4

I always thought rootbeer cake sounded kind of not normal...so yeah, you just confirmed. Gross. Sorry your cake didn't turn out. icon_confused.gif Perhaps the hubby will go for straight chocolate next time!

rreed6263 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rreed6263 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 7:28am
post #3 of 4

AWW don't throw your book out, I'll pay you shipping to mail it to me icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 1:23pm
post #4 of 4

I'm not familiar with that recipe...

Did the Root Beer Cake Mix Doctor recipe yield 7 cups of batter, the required amount for a 13x9x2 pan. (If not, then that's why your cake was so flat.)

Wilton cake preparation and servings guide:
(For 2" party cakes.)

http://tinyurl.com/5pbw7t

Here's a highly rated root beer float cake recipe:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Root-Beer-Float-Cake-I/Detail.aspx

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%