Edible Image Printer Questions

Decorating By Sandylee05 Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 2:43pm by MissRobin

Sandylee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandylee05 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:16am
post #1 of 2

edible image printer questions

How can I take care of my new printer ,so I can depend on it when I need a picture? Some people told me they never have problems with printers because they replace the ink cartridges with the cleaning cartridges when it's not in use. Is that true?
I just bought a Canon MX 850, so far it's working perfectly. This printer has the the computer chips on the cartridges. I don't know if that will make a difference. Do you think I should replace the cartridges with cleaning cartridges when it is not in daily use?
Some people recommended that I buy the Bakery Crafts printer and scanner. That just looks like an older model of Canon printer to me. Is there a difference?
I'd love to hear what everyone else uses. Do you have problems? Do you use it on a daily? What printer have you used and\\ or recommend? Do you use cleaning cartridges?

Thank you,
Sandy

1 reply
MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:43pm
post #2 of 2

I have the Cannon IP 3500 and I don't do anything really when not in use. So far, I have had no problems with clogging etc. however, I do worry about that happening. I don't use it that often, maybe once a month or so. You obviously know you can buy the cleaning cartridges, I would just keep those on hand in case you need them and probably clean periodically.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%