Cookie Recipe: Shaped Like A Peach

Baking By doodledo Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 2:41am by GI

doodledo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doodledo Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 8

I have an order for cookies for a wedding this weekend coming. They called last night and asked if I could do the cookie that is shaped like fruit. Ecspecially the peach. What are these cookies called and does anyone have a good recipe for them???

Thanks so much
Lori

7 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 8

They have fruit cookie cutters available both online and at most cake stores. I don't know that there is any special name for them though. Any rolled cookie dough will do for this purpose. Hope that helps some! icon_biggrin.gif

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 8

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_549763.html

You could check these out if you don't wish to do "flat" cookies. However, No Fail Sugar cookies here on CC are good to hold their shape if you use the cutter.

GI Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 8

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Austrian-Peach-Cookie/Detail.aspx

Check out this website. I'll bet you could do this? Let us know! These are so cool! If you click on the picture, it will bring up the 2nd pix like the cookies here on CC. The poster also tells how she made them.

Wow! icon_biggrin.gif

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 9:21pm
post #5 of 8

Those are really pretty! I remember seeing something like this on Sugar Rush. icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

doodledo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doodledo Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:16am
post #6 of 8

GI, those are it! Thanks everyone. Someone told me they made 2 seperate cookies and stuck a cherry in the center and iced them together. I did read the 1 review and at the end she said she would not make these again! lol

curliesue26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curliesue26 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:40am
post #7 of 8

I made these many years ago...they were a pain, but I was so glad I made them. I remember sticking two cookies together with a buttercream frosting (flavored peach), and rolling the cookie in peach jello. They were very similar to the ones in the picture. Good luck...start early!

GI Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:41am
post #8 of 8

Don't forget to post a pix and let us know if YOU would do them again, lol!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%