Rhonda's Ultimate Mmf Substitutions?

Decorating By VS8894 Updated 9 Nov 2008 , 8:22pm by linedancer

VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:54am
post #1 of 6

Has anyone substitued anything else for the lemon juice and lemon extract? If you were doing a cake that wouldn't necessarily taste good with the citrus taste of the fondant.

Anyone?

5 replies
maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 7:14am
post #2 of 6

if i'm going to use it with chocolate cake or anything that lemon does not goes well with, i just omit them and still perfect. but i'm dying to try mint with it icon_smile.gif

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 8:11am
post #3 of 6

i had the lemon juice but not the extract so i just added more vanilla flavor! i bet you could add just about anything!

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 11:58am
post #4 of 6

I make Rhonda's Ultimate all the time. I like to use the lemon juice because it cuts the sweetness a little bit. You do not taste it in the final product. I use 1 tsp of vanilla and 1 tsp almond for the flavorings. maimai16, try the mint, it is very good. I use it on alot of my chocolate rolled cookies. Rhonda's Ultimate rocks icon_biggrin.gif

VS8894 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VS8894 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the replies. Have you had luck with coloring it to a dark color, like royal blue?

I have tried other MMF and it was not useable by the time I got it to the royal blue color.

Thanks again,

Vicki

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 8:22pm
post #6 of 6

I have made dark colors like red, black, blue. I think it does alter the consistancy somewhat, but it is usable. For the royal blue, I color it to a fairly dark blue, then add a drop or two of black. I think it gives a nice shade of royal blue and you don't have to use so much blue. For red and black, I use Americolor super red and super black, you don't need so much. The last time I did black, I used Rhonda's Ultimate Chocolate MMF. It was fine, and didn't take much black coloring at all to get it nice and black. Next time I make it though, I will use both vanilla and almond, I missed the almond taste. I also tend to over color, stop when you think it isn't dark enough and let it sit overnight, it probably will be about the shade you want. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%