Yikes! Finally Our New Website Is Up....

Business By snarkybaker Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 9:49pm by panchanewjersey

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 12:44am
post #1 of 12

After about 3 months of getting bids from designers, designing, writing, re-writing, editing and other nonsense, our new website with blog is up. I am mostly really happy with it, but honestly, I think I may save myself the irritation and just use something like bludomain for our next update. This is just too exhausting. The sad news is that I still have two more to do. ( One for cakes and one for our Carolina Care packages)

www.suagrlandchapelhill.com

11 replies
mommy2djb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2djb Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:31am
post #2 of 12

You must have been real excited to post, because you spelled sugar wrong in your link. icon_smile.gif

The site looks great! I love your concept!

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 12

I just checked out your website a couple of days ago... looks very nice!

I used to do basic site design years ago, but don't have the patience anymore - which is why I paid (a small fortune) for mine. Oy! Congrats on getting through this one - and good luck with the others. icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:25am
post #4 of 12

Lookin good Kat!! icon_smile.gif

sweetbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbn Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:34am
post #5 of 12

I like the font you chose for your website. How did you get the blue into the chocolate on the cupcake? I think it's cute icon_smile.gif

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 4:25am
post #6 of 12

Looks awesome

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 11:34am
post #7 of 12

Yeah Kat!!! Man, your site made my hungry! We will have to come by soon!!

BakingJeannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingJeannie Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 1:37pm
post #8 of 12

I took a look at your site and I feel like taking a trip to NC to your bakery/cafe. It's beautiful and very informative. The background pattern, is that the same of your curtains? If it is, that's an excellent idea to tie the bakery/cafe with your site. You have certainly made your 'brand' with this site.

Pray great success for your business.

Cheers!

Jeannie

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:17pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2djb

You must have been real excited to post, because you spelled sugar wrong in your link. icon_smile.gif

The site looks great! I love your concept!

Tee Hee!! icon_biggrin.gif ...no I was just really tired and am kind of a crappy typist to begin with.

Quote:
Quote:

I like the font you chose for your website. How did you get the blue into the chocolate on the cupcake? I think it's cute

We actually use blue cupcake papers that happen to photograph really well.

Quote:
Quote:

I took a look at your site and I feel like taking a trip to NC to your bakery/cafe. It's beautiful and very informative. The background pattern, is that the same of your curtains? If it is, that's an excellent idea to tie the bakery/cafe with your site. You have certainly made your 'brand' with this site.

Pray great success for your business.

Cheers!

Jeannie

Thanks!! Our curtains are actually an Aleander Julian Plaid. His family owned a men's store that was here for 63 years before we moved in. We use it alot. We have plaid ribbon for our blue boxes etc. It did however take A VERY LONG time with the graphics program to recreate it digitally.

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:34pm
post #10 of 12

It's really nice! the pictures are great. I'll have a frozen gin & tonic please icon_biggrin.gif

fem128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fem128 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:36pm
post #11 of 12

I like the new site. Your goodies look delicious..I think I just gained 5 lbs. looking through all your pages! Lol.

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:49pm
post #12 of 12

Very nice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%