Scared The Crud Out Of Me!

Decorating By January202 Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 12:09am by sari66

January202 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
January202 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 4:45am
post #1 of 22

So I am sitting here in silence, listening to the clock tick-tock, while a chocolate cake bakes in the oven. All by myself, waiting for hubby to come home from work (did I mention there was total silence and it is 11:30 at night?)...then all of a sudden:

"Congratulations! You have won an Apple iphone!"

I jumped out of chair and my heart jumped out of my chest! I looked all around me, and then scrolled down to the bottom of the page I was looking at...Apparently some of the new advertisements here on Cake Central talk to you! Didn't expect that, or the mild heart attack that went along with hearing that cheery female voice declare my good fortune. It's kind of funny now that I think about it, but it freaked me out at the time.

21 replies
Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 5:19am
post #2 of 22

i've so been there. i hate those talking adds! Scare the bejesus out of me!!!!

Wildrose6633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildrose6633 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 5:35am
post #3 of 22

I have heard a few this evening too. They are sort of starteling icon_surprised.gif

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 4:41pm
post #4 of 22

kinda glad I keep my speakers off! icon_eek.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 22

I thought i was the only one who gets freaked out by those talking ads...glad i'm not alone....sometimes i have to laugh at myself.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 22

yeah I found out about them the hard way. My sound was a little louder than I thought while I was holding a sleeping baby the other day. It was so loud it scared her awake and took a good 15 minutes to get her back to sleep.

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 10:19pm
post #7 of 22

That one got me other day too. icon_lol.gif

The I hated that smiley one! If you accidentally rolled over the banner, you could hear a loud, and annoying, "HELLO!"

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 10:25pm
post #8 of 22
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 10:32pm
post #9 of 22

OH I know! Isn't it amazing how many free iphones we have won?!?! icon_confused.gif My DD loves the smiley that yells hello. I usually keep my volume muted unless I specifically want to hear something!

January202 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
January202 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:39am
post #10 of 22

Yeah, that smiley saying hello got me too! I forgot about him...
unfortunately when I got startled last night by the iphone ad, my volume had been turned up high...hubby was watching a soccer game online, and of course that requires higher-then-nromal volume. icon_smile.gif

Ha! Ha! Ha! I just won a Nintendo wii! And of course I jumped a mile high when I was congratulated by that sweet voice YET AGAIN! Gotta mute these speakers...

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:51am
post #11 of 22

Oh that smiley one gets me everytime! icon_eek.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 5:25am
post #12 of 22

Yeah, they're really annoying. I've had one particular ad talk to me a few times (don't even remember what it's for except that the cartoon girl looks like a BRATZ). But I figure it's a small price to pay if it'll keep CC from going haywire, offline or worse; crashing!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 5:59am
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanibird

That one got me other day too. icon_lol.gif

The I hated that smiley one! If you accidentally rolled over the banner, you could hear a loud, and annoying, "HELLO!"

Me too! I turned off my sound because sometimes my track ball will float up there and suddenly you hear those silly little voices!

Have you been on CKs new site with the lady talking? It drives me crazy!

sweettreats36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreats36 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:34pm
post #14 of 22

Ok, I thought it was just me. The samething happened to me lastnight only I had just gotten the baby to sleep. Needless to say he woke up!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:43pm
post #15 of 22

Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard right now! I had to turn my volume off last night too... I was almost scared to click on a new page, didn't know what i was going to get hit with next. The Hello one is annoying but funny, every time it plays, I'll hear my kids in the other room mimicing it. even the baby... funny stuff. I think there's also one that says "Oh my god, no way!" right? I'm with you Sugarplum fairy, if those silly ads keeps CC running, then I won't complain. I was so bored when it went kept going down a few weeks ago!

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:00pm
post #16 of 22

This happened to me this morning while I was having my coffee,I just about dropped it in my lap! icon_biggrin.gif

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:03pm
post #17 of 22

I clicked onto this thread and before I could read it there was a woman telling me I won an iphone! it scared the heck out of me! When I read this I started laughing. I get the smiley faces a lot too.

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 5:00pm
post #18 of 22

Cool! While reading this I just won a Nintendo Wii!! (the little voice told me so!)

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 9:01pm
post #19 of 22

Yayyy!! I am not going crazy. LOL I have already won 3 free Wii today!

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 9:46pm
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingoodies

Yayyy!! I am not going crazy. LOL I have already won 3 free Wii today!

Does that mean you're going Wii, Wii, Wii, all the way to the bank?

icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 11:26pm
post #21 of 22

It scared me too!

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 12:09am
post #22 of 22

Um yeah so I nearly fainted the other night when I hear a voice telling me I won a wii icon_sad.gif What is with those things

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%