Computer In The Kitchen

Lounge By idgalpal Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 9:38pm by michellenj

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:57pm
post #1 of 18

I have never seen the need for a computer in my kitchen until I found CC! Ha! If I had one there, I'd be logged on 24 x7. thumbs_up.gif

17 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 3:48am
post #2 of 18

If I could keep the powdered sugar dust off of it, I'd probably move mine to the kitchen. icon_smile.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 3:50am
post #3 of 18

And that's why I own a laptop!

icon_lol.gif

In the kitchen, in the tub (I put it on the toilet and watch movies while I take hot bubble baths LOL).

I can take it here, I can take it there, I can take it every where!

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 3:59am
post #4 of 18

i used to have a computer in the kitchen only because i had no where else to put it. but then i got a laptop and i love that i can move it into the kitchen if i need to reference something. right now, i have it on my lap, sitting in my recliner, watching the food network and surfing cc! does it get any better than that?!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 18

Oh God, I have a laptop and wireless internet, so I walk around my house with my laptop. It is sickening! Between Facebook and CC I am screwed.

SliceTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SliceTheCake Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:45am
post #6 of 18

i love my laptop, lol! i put it on the counter in the kitchen and it makes it so easy to reference recipes and other cakes for inspiration when i am decorating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellenj

Oh God, I have a laptop and wireless internet, so I walk around my house with my laptop. It is sickening! Between Facebook and CC I am screwed.

i'm constantly switching between cc, myspace, facebook, and my mommy website. icon_redface.gif i think i have an addiction. icon_redface.gif

michellenj Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 18

My dh plays World of Warcraft, and sometimes I'll catch him in the shower-lying down-with his laptop outside the shower, playing his game.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 3:39pm
post #8 of 18

I have a 24" iMac in my kitchen. My kitchen has a built-in desk. It's great here, because I can always watch the kids online.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 4:07pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:

My dh plays World of Warcraft, and sometimes I'll catch him in the shower-lying down-with his laptop outside the shower, playing his game.

As much as I'm an online gamer at heart that's some serious addiction issues right there.

icon_lol.gif

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:14am
post #10 of 18

I am so glad I'm not the only one!!! I get on CC everyday, just to look! My DH hates that I take the laptop in the kitchen when I cook. He would love it if I actually printed out my recipes!!!!

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:56pm
post #11 of 18

YUP!!! DH built me an adjustable shelf in my kitchen above my counter so I can still cruise CC when in the throws of a big cake. icon_biggrin.gif It almost looks like a shelf that you could put large cookbooks on and fold it away when done. Glad he is handy. icon_wink.gif

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 7:04pm
post #12 of 18

lol...glad im not alone in cyber addiction!

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 1:46pm
post #13 of 18
Quote:

My husband and I both play WoW and even MY mouth dropped at this one!!! That's some serious addiction there. I think I'd be concerned....

michellenj Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 5:58pm
post #14 of 18

Oh, but he's a "level 70" and he needs a special mount and weapon. *huge eye roll*

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 5:59pm
post #15 of 18
Quote:

Oh, but he's a "level 70" and he needs a special mount and weapon. *huge eye roll*

So am I...but I still don't shower with the game, lol!

But just wait...the expansion comes out tomorrow...icon_wink.gif My husband and I took Friday off work.

michellenj Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 6:33pm
post #16 of 18

Oh God, thanks for the warning.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 8:21pm
post #17 of 18

I rencently purchased a laptop for that exact reason. While cakes are baking or icing is mixing I can be on CC or printing recipes via wireless network. Isn't technology great?

michellenj Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 9:38pm
post #18 of 18

It's great as long as it is working. If something ever goes wrong, we have a jumble of wires, routers, surge protecters, etc. and I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%