Dog Face Cookie Cutters

Baking By Nicole1985 Updated 7 Nov 2008 , 5:07pm by Joanne1944

Nicole1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nicole1985 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 5

I have a friend who owns a kennel and is asking me to do some cookies in different dog breeds for her to give to her clients, for christmas gifts. Rather than doing the body profile of the dog I would really just like to do a straight on view of the face any suggestions on how to start? I had even thought about just doing a circle cookie base and using icing to make the face. I am pretty new to the decorating world so the juices haven't been flowing very long... any help is much appreciated ! Thanks in advance!

4 replies
shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:37pm
post #2 of 5

If you do the round, you can print picture of the dog you want (I use card stock paper), cut it out, then trace around that onto cookie with edible marker, outline and then color in. That way you can get the shape you need, and go from there. That's what I did no my longhorn and say ahhh cookies. Oh, A bichon and bassett would be fun. (I have one of each) Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Nicole1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nicole1985 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 5

Great idea! Thanks! I've never used edible markers before...like i said very new to the decorating world

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 5

Another idea for using a stencil on a round cookie: make the stencil of the body and do it as a silhouette. You can make the silhouette any color you want. It would be easier, as there wouldn't be a lot of detail required.

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 5

Here is a picture of a dog you are welcome to make a pattern from. This one happens to be my American Hairless Terrier, but a lot of the Terriers have the same general structure. Since he is hairless, the photo has a nice clean line for making a pattern.
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%