" Bra Cake"

Decorating By grama_j Updated 7 Nov 2008 , 3:30pm by mcdonald

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 8

I have a gal wanting a "bra cake" that says the usual.... " Chris is 40... let's give her a little support"......... I will put the bra on a sheet cake, but I don't know how to make it.......... Is it cake,covered in fondant, or are they just fondant shaped like a bra ? TIA...

7 replies
vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 8

I would think you the mini ball pan and makes (obviously) 2 balls. Cover them in fondant and then cover that in fondant to make the actual bra with the straps.

grama_j Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks, Vicky... that is what I was thinking too, but then of course you are pretty limited in the size..... They are sooo cute..... I don't want to screw this up !

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 8

I would use the small ball pan for the breasts, especially if you are going to put it on a sheet cake.

And as far as the bra, it really depends on what kind of bra you are wanting. You can cut out fondant in that shape for a plainer (no lace, no frills type) bra. Decorate with RI swirls for a more decorative bra, adding trimmings, lace, etc.

Or if you wanted a more 'sexy' like bra, you can just use RI to make a lace see-through kind of bra. Just Cornelli lace, with an outline.

Let me see if I can find a few examples, that wont offend anyone.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 8

Here are a couple of pictures that I have saved in my favs. They are all a little different, and pretty much illustrate how you can decorate the bra. I really like the thin cornelli lace, it gives it a 'lacy' feel to it.
LL
LL
LL

grama_j Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:24pm
post #6 of 8

ohhh..... some goods ones Jayde!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:27pm
post #7 of 8

Or you could use the mini wonder molds (like for the dress bottom of a doll) and have 'perky' ones!!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:30pm
post #8 of 8

I have always wanted to do one of these cakes but can't get anyone in my small town to "take the plunge" !!! Pretty traditional town!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%