Permian Basin/ West Texas Decorators

Decorating By diamondsonblackvelvet13 Updated 22 May 2009 , 5:41pm by Lineah

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 4:24am
post #91 of 229

Y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving and please be safe out there!

colabear71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colabear71 Posted 26 Nov 2008 , 2:42pm
post #92 of 229

Hey everyone. I finally got my computer back and couldn't be happier. I've missed my daily doses of cc...lol.

As for the cake club meeting, I had an awesome time. I met some wonderful and very talented ladies there. Tichay...those turkey cookies were great. Like Tichay said, at the meeting we learned to make a fondant/gumpaste teddy bear. I'll post a pic soon...although my bear has bug eyes icon_eek.gif I learned quite a bit from Earlene about us starting up our own local cake club.

Diamond, are we still wanting to get everyone together for a meet so we can see who all is interested. I have several ideas that we'll have to discuss.

Angela...I hope you had a great weekend with your friend.

Kim icon_biggrin.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 28 Nov 2008 , 3:03am
post #93 of 229

I hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving! I am here at home....alone....making 8 dozen cuppies for a 4:30am delivery to Sears for Black Friday. I didn't realise how quiet my house is.

dedra_w_1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dedra_w_1980 Posted 29 Nov 2008 , 5:06pm
post #94 of 229

I GOBBLED TILL I WOBBLED!!!! AND NOW I THINK IM 5 POUNDS HEAVIER icon_cry.gif ....LOL

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 10:48pm
post #95 of 229

hi everyone!! long time since i have been on. got so busy last week and just had to take care of some things i have going on. thnx kim, i did have a wonderful time in dallas it went too quick tho! hehe. don't fun things always go by so quickly tho. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was so super sweet! had a great time, my oldest son, who is 21 came over to eat and it was great!! so what has everyone been up to??? glad cc is working now. i was having serious withdrawals, hehehe!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

angelatx Posted 30 Nov 2008 , 10:51pm
post #96 of 229

hey do any of ya'll have a myspace?? i have one if anyone is interested in adding me, just lemme know! icon_biggrin.gif i wuv the internet, hehe!

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 3:00am
post #97 of 229

I have myspace! Here's the link:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=121354753

I got my cuppies delivered @ 4:30 am and came home and went right back to sleep.

I am going to Monahans Monday (12/1) time to visit the fat farm and see if I am showing any of the turkey I ate.

waterlily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waterlily Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 7:55am
post #98 of 229

I havent been on in a while and I just ran across this post. I would like to introduce myself, as I too am from far, far west Texas, El paso to be exact! So Hello to all the other west Texans!!!

waterlily Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 8:31am
post #99 of 229

Hello to my fellow El Pasoans!! I finished reading the thread and I would love to have a cake club near by to attend. I often wondered why there was not one in this area.

angelatx Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 1:32pm
post #100 of 229

hi waterlily and welcome! icon_biggrin.gif

ali79756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ali79756 Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 3:23pm
post #101 of 229
colabear71 Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 6:05pm
post #102 of 229

Hello and welcome to waterlily. I'm so glad to see that CC is back to normal...or at least almost back to normal. I'm still not getting email notifications.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their families. Unfortunately my son got sick on the way home that night and has been since. I'm taking him to the dr. this afternoon. It's probably just a virus, but we need to be sure its not something else.

I have a myspace and would love to add any of my cc friends too. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=214006879

hope that link works.

Kim

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 7:02pm
post #103 of 229

Good news ladies! I only gained 4.25lbs. I am pretty sure it is all water! I am retaining fluid like a sponge. UGH! Taking those water pills BITES! Last month I lost 19 lbs of fluid...scary!

Hey dedra! I ALMOST got to meet you!!! I'll hopefully catch you next month!!

angelatx Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 7:40pm
post #104 of 229

so does everyone on here make cakes every week, everyday or every so often?? i make them every so often. i just have so much going with the kiddos and family i don't have alot of time. i want to change that. oh not sure if i told you all that my sons appt has changed. not sure for when either. waiting to hear back from the dr. we go to lubbock to see him. the dr. is the best! at what he does. icon_biggrin.gif

angelatx Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 9:18pm
post #105 of 229

hey do any of ya'll read for pleasure??? if so what do you all like reading??? i love to read! icon_biggrin.gif dork by nature what can i say, hehehe!

angelatx Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 9:19pm
post #106 of 229

hey do any of ya'll read for pleasure??? if so what do you all like reading??? i love to read! icon_biggrin.gif dork by nature what can i say, hehehe!

angelatx Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 9:20pm
post #107 of 229

waterlily Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 10:24pm
post #108 of 229

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I make cakes almost every weekend, anywhere from 1 to 3 a week.

angelatx Posted 1 Dec 2008 , 11:03pm
post #109 of 229

hi waterlily, do you sell your cakes? or do them for fun?? icon_biggrin.gif

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 1:52am
post #110 of 229

I make them just about every week. I already sent out notices of my vacation days for the holidays. I am SO not gonna add that to the holiday stress.

I LOVE to read. It is right up there with caking! I love Stephen King, Dean Kootnz, James Patterson and just who ever strikes my fancy.

dedra_w_1980 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 3:17am
post #111 of 229

Hey all!!!!!

Diana I heard someone was in there from CC and I just couldn't get in there, we were swamped today with it being the first day back from the holiday. But we will definitely have to meet. So who is your Dr at the WOL that you see?

I love to read especially when I'm preggo. I'm in love with James Patterson books, especially the Alex Cross Novels. Love them wish he would continue with them. I also like Dean Coontz, John Grisham, Sylvia Browne, and so on...lol

Ali79756 - I've seen you around know that I know who you are. I went to school with Amanda and Pepito. I know Marcus from school and he has X-rayed my kids and myself quite a bit...lol....So what else do you do? Is cakes your main job? We should get together sometime and chat. Let me know what you think!!!!

And WELCOME everyone new!!!!!

Bye Bye for now!!!!~Dedra~

dedra_w_1980 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 3:18am
post #112 of 229

Hey all!!!!!

Diana I heard someone was in there from CC and I just couldn't get in there, we were swamped today with it being the first day back from the holiday. But we will definitely have to meet. So who is your Dr at the WOL that you see?

I love to read especially when I'm preggo. I'm in love with James Patterson books, especially the Alex Cross Novels. Love them wish he would continue with them. I also like Dean Coontz, John Grisham, Sylvia Browne, and so on...lol

Ali79756 - I've seen you around know that I know who you are. I went to school with Amanda and Pepito. I know Marcus from school and he has X-rayed my kids and myself quite a bit...lol....So what else do you do? Is cakes your main job? We should get together sometime and chat. Let me know what you think!!!!

And WELCOME everyone new!!!!!

Bye Bye for now!!!!~Dedra~

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 12:44pm
post #113 of 229

Hey there Dedra! It looked like you were busy, my sis and I walked in and there were people everywhere! We see either Gina or Dr. Davidson. So far so good! We are scheduled to go back on the 29th.

How does January sound to everyone to get together and meet?

angelatx Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 2:54pm
post #114 of 229

sounds good to me. icon_biggrin.gif have a great day everyone!!

malry8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malry8 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 3:28pm
post #115 of 229

diamondsonblackvelvet13,

I know this is off topic but, pageants are another one of my hobbies, congrats on ya'lls first Miss Teen USA.

colabear71 Posted 2 Dec 2008 , 6:53pm
post #116 of 229

Hey everyone. Hope you're having a good day.

Diana.... January would be fine, or if everyone would like to, we could try for this month and just make it a get to know one another meeting, and we could do a cookie/candy exchange w/ recipes. It might be a nice thing to do before the holidays and not to mention getting some new recipes.

What does everyone else think???

angelatx Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 1:14am
post #117 of 229

i am game kim! would love that!

waterlily Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:25am
post #118 of 229

Angelatx, I do a lot for friends and family and word of mouth is getting around so I do sell a few here and there.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:47am
post #119 of 229

Sounds good....Lemme know WHEN would be good for everyone and where...so I can save gas money....lol. I drive an SUV.

Malry8, What pageant? Who won what? Who was running???? Sheesh...can you tell I know nothing of pageants??

OH OH OH! GUESSSS WHAT???? I made meringue for the FIRST time today! I made a Cuatro Leches cake and the frosting is a meringue. I DID it and toasted it with a blow torch! Didn't even burn my house down! I am SO proud cuz I conquered meringue.

Here's the recipe just in case:

http://www.laduni.com/brochures/cuatrolechescakeweb.pdf

Here's my cake:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1291363&done=1

angelatx Posted 3 Dec 2008 , 3:57am
post #120 of 229

can we say "yummy" gee that cake looks good!!! i am not to brave at trying new things. can you say "chicken!" hehehe. thats why i won't do fondant. **scary** besides for decorations anyhow. icon_biggrin.gif

ok thnx waterlily, i was curious. icon_biggrin.gif i don't sell mine. i don't have that kind of time, hehe, wish i did!! or the experience for sure!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%