Strawberry Filling

Decorating By tink4566 Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 12:33pm by sgauta

tink4566 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tink4566 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 10:15pm
post #1 of 6

I was asked to make a baby shower cake that is made with strawberry shortcake. How do I do that? How do I prevent the juice from soaking the cake? Do I use fresh or cooked strawberries? Help?
Thankl you

5 replies
kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 6

You use fresh sliced strawberries and a strawberry glaze. The sugary glaze acts as a barrier to prevent juice from overwhelming the cake. Make sure to use a buttercream barrier to outline the cake before placing the strawberries and glaze in the middle. It will prevent if from falling/squishing out of the sides. Good Luck! It will be yummy! princess.gif

kimberlina25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimberlina25 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:23am
post #3 of 6

you could just use sleeve strawberry perserves, that way it will be thicker and not be runny or soak the cake.

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&ShopId=38&CatId=532&SubCatId=798&productId=619074

HTH

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 6

I used raspberry preserves in a cake not too long ago and it was delicious and so easy. I'm sure that strawberry preserves would be great and easy as well!

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 6

There are great strawberry fillings on this site. I used one in June here (it was hot), and there was no soaking in the cake.

sgauta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgauta Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 12:33pm
post #6 of 6

I've also used a strawberry filling recipe from this site (with the White Almond Sour Cream Cake - mmm!) and it turned out great, no soaking. I'd just suggest piping a line of buttercream around the edges of the layers before putting in the filling so you'll have a 'barrier' and the filling won't ooze out. Good luck!

-Sarah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%