?? For Those Who Have Made "pumpkin Cakes"

Decorating By kjt Updated 8 Nov 2008 , 3:27am by tonimarie

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 10

I'm making a pumpkin using two bundt cakes...do you put a board in the middle or just stack them, and did you torte or just put frosting between the two cakes?

Thanks for the help! icon_smile.gif

9 replies
Daisy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisy1 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 10

I usually just stack them together. The hole in the middle keeps them from being too heavy. I would not recommend torting, or at least not the bottom cake. I think that would destroy the structural integrity and it would collapse.

Good luck!

Tammy

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 10

I would dowel and board it.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:54am
post #4 of 10

I torted mine but did not put frosting between the two actual bundt cakes because I put a board in between. I also doweled the bottom layer. However I do think that torting depends on your recipe; mine was quite dense and sturdy.

jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:48pm
post #5 of 10

I Torted and doweled mine. I also put a borard in the middle to divide as the hight of the cake was too much for serving one piece. icon_biggrin.gif

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:51pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks to you all for the replies..I'm torting and using the SPS for stacking...I appreciate your help in making this decision icon_smile.gif.

jobueno Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:53pm
post #7 of 10

I Torted and doweled mine. I also put a borard in the middle to divide as the hight of the cake was too much for serving one piece. icon_biggrin.gif

jobueno Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:01pm
post #8 of 10

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:40pm
post #9 of 10

i just stack the 2 on top of each other and squirt the filling in the hole:

http://sugaredblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/trick-or-treat.html

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 3:27am
post #10 of 10

definitely dowel, I just made one and it was so adorable, but by the next morning there was a bulge around the middle because of settling. I didn't use very much buttercream between the two cakes, but it turned out to be wayy heavier than I thought it would be

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%