Freezing Cookies

Baking By cakelass Updated 5 Nov 2008 , 3:20pm by shiney

cakelass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelass Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 10:39am
post #1 of 5

I have overbooked for a date and need to start early in order to have everything finished in time.
I need to make 120 cookie favors which will be placed in clear boxes.
If I make them now and place in an airtight container for 1 month seperated by baking paper ( I think parchment paper American term) will they be okay to defrost and then box a couple days before the event?
I have read that it is okay but was wondering if anyone ever uses this method in a time of crisis icon_cry.gif

4 replies
mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 10:54am
post #2 of 5

Hi,

Are you talking about sugar cookies? If so, I freeze them all the time... only I don't use parchment paper to layer them I use wax paper. I will bake and decorate them let them dry completely for a day or so then layer them between the wax paper. I have had mine in the freezer for a month with no problem. When you want to thaw them, just leave them in the container for the afternoon and they will thaw. The condensation will go to the wax paper and they will be perfect for you to wrap.

HTH,

Kim

cakelass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelass Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 10:58am
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much. This will help me out heaps and that way I also won't have to turn down any future orders.
Oh well, will be very busy tommorow!
Thankyou again!

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 12:04pm
post #4 of 5

Are you talking about sugar cookies? If so, I freeze them all the time...

Hi Mgiggling, could you please tell me the kind of cookies that cannot be frozen icon_confused.gif .

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 5

mgigglin, is there something about waxpaper that absorbs the condensation??? I use parcment paper between layers in freezer on naked cookies, but haven't tried freezing multi layers of decorated, but will this week. So wondering if I should use waxpaper instead.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%