Root Beer Cake Recipe

Baking By TheCakeShak Updated 6 Dec 2008 , 5:15pm by TheCakeShak

TheCakeShak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeShak Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 4:12am
post #1 of 6

I have been looking for a very quick but simple Root Beer Cake recipe.

My question,, not only for a recipe for a root beer cake., but can you just use a yellow cake mix recipe, and instead of adding the water ingredients, just add root beer?

Thanks

5 replies
kalamagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalamagal Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 4:36am
post #2 of 6

In the cake mix cakes recipe section I think page 5 there are two recipes for root beer cakes. One uses choc cake mix and the other yellow cake mix

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 4:43am
post #3 of 6

I planned on trying it with white cake mix and using rootbeer instead of water and adding root beer extract (LoRann's is probably the best). I had actually planned to try it using the WASC recipe, but haven't had the chance yet.

CC member chikie tried it with the rootbeer only and said it could've had a stronger flavor.

TheCakeShak Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 9:59pm
post #4 of 6

ok, thank you for the replies. I have read that too about adding some root beer extract for more flavoring.
I'm wondering also, if I boil down some of the root beer to make it sorta like a syrup and add it that way also instead of the extract?

Any hoo,, I'll be trying out this recipe this weekend I'll let you all know how it came out.

Thanks again.... icon_wink.gif

sparkleshine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparkleshine Posted 5 Dec 2008 , 1:56am
post #5 of 6

Did you ever try the root beer cake? I was just wondering how it turned out!

TheCakeShak Posted 6 Dec 2008 , 5:15pm
post #6 of 6

Hi there........
Yes I did try the root beer cake recipe and it not only turned out "yucky" but it looked yucky, tasted yucky. I threw the whole thing out along with the Cake Mix doctor book. It was horrible.....

Sorry to sound so direct..... icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%