Philly Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling Question...

Business By lindambc Updated 10 Nov 2008 , 6:07pm by ChristianD

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 10

I have tried the regular cheesecake filling and love it.

Has anyone tried the chocolate cheesecake filling? Also I saw they make Lime Cheesecake filling too, has anyone tried that? How where they?

Last question...what cake flavors would you use with them?

Thanks for any help!!!

9 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 10

I've tried the Key Lime one. Not in a cake, we just put it in a grahan cracker crust. It was good but not very limey tasting.

hwnhulahands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hwnhulahands Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 10

linda-you used them as a cake filling? I've tried them in graham cracker pie crust and I didn't like it. maybe I should try that at a sampling i have this week.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 10

haven't tried or even seen the key lime. have done the chocolate and it's really good. also, the plain version i have added things to like fresh grated ginger, maple flavoring, etc for fillings in pumpkin cake, carrot cake, etc. very good and versatile

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:56pm
post #5 of 10

I've used it as a filling and it works fine - it's just expensive since you need more than one container. The chocolate is great!

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks for all the help!

hwnhulahands - i did use it as a cake filling. I used the regular cheesecake filling with spice cake and it was great.

I typically use this when I am making a small cake or filling cupcakes. It does cake expensive if I am doing a large cake as MacsMom had said.

I usually make all my fillings but with my two sons running around and being 6 1/2 months pregnant, I have been looking for ways to hit the easy button!

Thanks again!!

ChristianD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristianD Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 5:16pm
post #7 of 10

I am a new cake maker, so I have a very unseasoned question. How do you fill cakes? Is this something done before you make it or after? Thanks for all your help.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 5:47pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianD

I am a new cake maker, so I have a very unseasoned question. How do you fill cakes? Is this something done before you make it or after? Thanks for all your help.

When we say "filling" we are talking about what you put between the cake layers. Growing up, mom used to bake two 2" cakes and slap some buttercream between them before frosting the cake, but there are so many more options these days!

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 5:47pm
post #9 of 10

Filling is what goes in between the layers as you are putting the cake together. Example, icing, fruit filling, pudding, etc...

ChristianD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristianD Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 6:07pm
post #10 of 10

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for your help!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%