Story Book Cake With Castle.help!!

Decorating By farizahani Updated 4 Nov 2008 , 8:31pm by emiyeric

farizahani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farizahani Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:40pm
post #1 of 10

hi all,i hope someonewill be able me to help to create this cake.
my SIL called me this morning and said she wanted to order this cake for her client daughter's birthday.she then mail me the link of this beautiful cake for my reference.

ok,i will bake a sheet cake to create the story book,my concern is how the heck im going to do the castle???the cake will be small sheet cake.
any suggestion will be much helpful,thanks

check out the link :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14559934@N04/1921168549/in/set-72157602880985848/

9 replies
sarahbasile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahbasile Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:57pm
post #2 of 10

This cake is awesome! Though I am definitely not a pro like some of the awesome people on here, the first idea that came to mind was to use rice krispies to model the castle since you will be building on a smaller sheet cake. That way, you don't have to use the standard size square pans, which I am assuming is your "dilema". Good luck, and I can't wait to see the finished prosuct! Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 1:17pm
post #3 of 10

Well, the directions state that the castle is made from white chocolate, so I'm thinking there is a castle mold out there somewhere..... I would start with e-bay, and if nothing shows up, try to "Google" it........

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 10

I am not that experienced in cake decorating but my guess would be to make it out of rice krispy treats. Since the castle is not that big, i think it may hold better.
Does the cake have to be identical to the pic or can you do your own twist? Can't wait to see how it turns out. Good luck!

dlinnane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlinnane Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 1:20pm
post #5 of 10

There are pans available with similar size and shape, but if you're in a hurry, you could make a small square of cake for the castle and roof, and use fondant to shape the towers. This looks like so much fun! Good luck!

Donna

farizahani Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 2:26pm
post #6 of 10

from rice krispies treat??...how do i do that??sorry to ask too many question,im still new in this field.thanks

farizahani Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 2:29pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrulyexotic

I am not that experienced in cake decorating but my guess would be to make it out of rice krispy treats. Since the castle is not that big, i think it may hold better.
Does the cake have to be identical to the pic or can you do your own twist? Can't wait to see how it turns out. Good luck!

my SIL said she want the cake to be similar to that cake picture..well i guess i can twist little bit. icon_biggrin.gif

Soniabean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Soniabean Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 2:39pm
post #8 of 10

Does the castle have to be edible? Wilton sells a castle set and actually has a similar cake them on their website:
http://www.wilton.com/idea/Write-Your-Own-Drama

Hope this helps,
Soniabean

sarahbasile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahbasile Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 8:14pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by farizahani

from rice krispies treat??...how do i do that??sorry to ask too many question,im still new in this field.thanks

You make the rice krispy treats just like the recipe, though I've read in some other posts that you need to use less butter so the treats will dry harder (for support). Some leave the butter out completely. Once you make the batch, you can mold it just like fondant. I have not done this but will using the treats to create the second story of a princess castle next week! The CCers have helped me learn A LOT since I joined. Good luck icon_smile.gif

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 8:31pm
post #10 of 10

Depending on how much time you have, how comfortable you are with different elements, you could also try doing the towers with pastillage (kind of like a harder version of fondant). You could wrap it around a jumbo pencil or dowel or other mold, and make all four twoers exactly the same, and just remove the mold once dry. I did something similar on a cake recently, although my whole cake was a casatle and the towers were relatively much larger ... still, fully edible and pretty results. The picture is in my pics, if you want to take a look. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%