Newbie From Oregon

Decorating By slwhittlinger Updated 7 Nov 2008 , 6:34pm by chikie

slwhittlinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slwhittlinger Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 18

My name is Sally and I love to bake. Doesn't matter what it is, I will give it the old college try. If there is no recipe then I try to create one. I have done this well with Orange meringue and Mango meringue pie, oreo fudge, cakes, and cookies. I love the creativity that goes into making cakes. I don't have the "professional" look, but every one I have made the recipant has loved it ( thank goodness kids don't care so much about looks) icon_lol.gif . I look forward to learning from you and my new collection of books icon_biggrin.gif . Everytime I do a cake it makes my brain tap into itself to come up with an idea. I posted only a few of the ones I have done, don't have pics of all of them. I am now looking forword to doing something special for christmas. I am looking forword to learning from y'all.
Sally

17 replies
thecreativeone4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecreativeone4 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 18

Welcome!! icon_smile.gif

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:24am
post #3 of 18

YAY! Another Oregonian!

Sally, what city? I'm in Eugene.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 4:55pm
post #4 of 18

Image to CC!
I don't make perfect professional cakes either. Don't tell anyone, but I love those old cut-up cakes from the coconut merchants! Must be nostalgia or something. LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Melodist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melodist Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 18

Yay! I'm a newbie from Oregon also! thumbs_up.gif

Carolynlovescake Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:58am
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodist

Yay! I'm a newbie from Oregon also! thumbs_up.gif

Oh happy day!

Welcome to CC fellow Oregonian.

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:17am
post #7 of 18

Welcome to CC

I'm not from Oregon but close neighbor - California...

You will love this site..... I'm not a professional neither but you can learn sooooo much from everyone here....I have been doing cakes for over 30 years....and since I have been on this site, about a year of so now, I have doubled - tripled my skills.

Welcome

staten93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staten93 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:17am
post #8 of 18

Welcome to CC from another fellow Oregonian. You will never want to leave. It becomes a bit of an obsession-in a good way. There are great people here with amazing talent and ideas who are willing to share.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:39am
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by slwhittlinger

My name is Sally and I love to bake. Doesn't matter what it is, I will give it the old college try. If there is no recipe then I try to create one. I have done this well with Orange meringue
Sally

Welcome Sally.... Now hand over that orange meringue recipe and no one will get hurt.. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
*dreaming of a chocolate cream pie w/orange meringue*

aliciababcock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciababcock Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:47am
post #10 of 18

Welcome! I am by no means a professional, but I love to bake also. This site is very addictive and everyone here is so helpful. I have learned so much from my fellow cc'ers the past couple of years. I think your cakes are cute byt the way.

Cookie4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie4 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:57am
post #11 of 18

Welcome to a new world (a sweet world) from another Oregon wantabe. Ditto on the Orange Meringue Recipe - we all just love to cook, or as they say here in Texas - ya'll just gotta share!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Carolynlovescake Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:50am
post #12 of 18

So what parts of Oregon are ya'll from?

staten93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staten93 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:56am
post #13 of 18

I'm just north of you in Albany. My husband's grandma lives in Eugene.

chikie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikie Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 7:10am
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylee

Welcome to CC

I'm not from Oregon but close neighbor - California...

You will love this site..... I'm not a professional neither but you can learn sooooo much from everyone here....I have been doing cakes for over 30 years....and since I have been on this site, about a year of so now, I have doubled - tripled my skills.

Welcome

I live in Oregon right now due to my Hubby being in the USCG, but we're hoping to get transferred next June to Petaluma. We lived there for five years back in 1995. I love that town!

~Tiffany

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 7:12am
post #15 of 18

. . . welcome . . . here is a list of the acronyms we use . . . HTH . . . icon_biggrin.gif

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926-.html

Melodist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melodist Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:45pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by staten93

I'm just north of you in Albany. My husband's grandma lives in Eugene.

I'm from Albany too! icon_smile.gif

Carolynlovescake Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:47pm
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikie

I live in Oregon right now due to my Hubby being in the USCG, but we're hoping to get transferred next June to Petaluma. We lived there for five years back in 1995. I love that town!

~Tiffany

I grew up in Petaluma and lived in that area until I was amost 30.

I miss home.

chikie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikie Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:34pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikie

~Tiffany

I grew up in Petaluma and lived in that area until I was amost 30.

I miss home.

Right now we live in Astoria, Oregon....it's BEAUTIFUL here and probably the best place we've lived in the 16 yrs my Hubby has been in the CG. We're orginaly from Sacramento, California, but Petaluma is closest we can get to home. Petaluma still kinda has that small town feel, after living here I don't ever want to go back to a big city again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%