Rice Krispies

Decorating By maimai16 Updated 3 Nov 2008 , 2:55pm by 1of5wives

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 6

hi everyone icon_smile.gif

can somebody help me, how can i mold and carve rice krispies? i don't have any idea on where to start icon_sad.gif

5 replies
jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:27pm
post #2 of 6

i've never done it before, but i've read and heard that you should crush the krispies before you make the treats, so it holds better. otherwise, i think you just make the treats by the regular recipe.

good luck!

stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 6

Just what she said! Plus, crushing them helps to have a smoother appearance once it is molded. When molding the treats, you do want to work somewhat quickly so that it doesn't harden while you are still trying to mold it, but it does stay warm for a while so you should be ok. HTH!

maimai16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maimai16 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:40pm
post #4 of 6

how about letting it dry and firm before carving? would that work too? did somebody tried that technique before?

kbw5780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbw5780 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:41pm
post #5 of 6

I have used store bought treats and also have made my own. I heard a tip not to use as much butter as the recipe calls for if you are making them on your own. When I was molding them into shape, I sprayed saran wrap with Pam and wrapped it wround the RKTs so it wouldn't stick and molded them that way. Then I took the saran wrap off. Then I used fondant to cover them and kind of molded that after I got it on there, as well. Good luck!! sorry I don't have anymore info.

1of5wives Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1of5wives Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:55pm
post #6 of 6

I used store bought ones on the weekend for my yummy mummy cake head and fingers. I just squished two bars together and used crisco on my hands so they would not stick. I found it really easy to mold them and with the crisco on my hands i was able to kinda flatten out the bumps. I covered them with a thin layer of fondant to smooth it out then my final fondant. It ended up really smooth. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%