Baby Converse Shoes Help I'm Frustrated

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 6:06pm by foxymomma521

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 12:20pm
post #1 of 6

I love making cakes especially the ones I can make my own toppers I have tried over and over to make the baby converse shoes I can not make those little shoes please any advice my little shoes never fit the molds I make. What do I do? How do you make these shoes using this mold I mean if I put the pieces on the mold to dry how do I get the mold out of the shoes? Is their a tutorial I can watch to make these shoes. Please any advice is welcomed. a lot of fondant has gone in the trash

Molly icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

5 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 12:44pm
post #2 of 6

I didn't know there was mold for them. I've only seen the template. Are the molds pliable and dusted with ps or cornstarch?

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:29pm
post #3 of 6

If you look in the pattern gallery their are instructions for the flour dough mold recipe I really would like to make these if anyone have an idea of a easeir way please share

Molly

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:32pm
post #4 of 6

I'd pm the person that posted the mold recipe and ask how to get them out.

turtle3264 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
turtle3264 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 6

I think that you mold the back piece, let it dry and take it off the mold. Then put the front piece on the mold and let it dry and take it off the mold. When you have all the pieces, then assemble them. I haven't made them yet, but that is how I understood the directions.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 6:06pm
post #6 of 6

I've made them from the template and had no problems. They were a little involved, but overall pretty easy to put together. Maybe you could just try the template version if the mold isn't working out for you...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%