The Pregnancy Test Was Positive...

Lounge By adknight Updated 19 Nov 2008 , 11:54pm by lecrn

adknight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adknight Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:02am
post #1 of 39

...and I am scared to death!

I have an 8-year-old son that is my world from a previous relationship. My husband and I have not prevented pregnancy in the 5 years we have been married. We miscarried in March. I am having some cramping and light bleeding.

Honestly, I just have so many emotions and needed to get some of them off my chest. We have decided not to tell anyone until we know for certain that everything is ok, so I have come to you - my cake family. I have wanted this baby for so long and have had so many disappointments month after month. I am not sure I can take another upset, but another part of me is so excited!

Thank you for reading and listening!
~Amber

38 replies
lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 6:33am
post #2 of 39

Amber,
I truly hope that all goes well. I'll keep you in my prayers!

Lisa

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 6:47am
post #3 of 39

Lots of hugs & positive thoughts coming your way, Amber ! icon_biggrin.gif

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 10:10am
post #4 of 39

Aww! Congratulations! I hope that all turns out well. My husband and I are the same way. It's okay to be scared, and remember that when the time is right, nothing can go wrong and everything happens for a reason. ~~~HUGS~~~~ We are here for you!! icon_smile.gif

Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 11:40am
post #5 of 39

Congratulations!! the best think you can do for all of you is not stress..the power of the mind is very strong; pray and be happy and all will be well. May God bless you.

luelue1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luelue1971 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 1:01pm
post #6 of 39

My dh and I tried for 8 years before becoming pregnant (with our second) in July of 2003 and then I miscarried. We got pregnant the following March with our now 4 year old daughter. I pray that you will have a happy, healthy pregnancy and baby.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:23pm
post #7 of 39

wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy!

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:30pm
post #8 of 39

Congratulations!!! I totally understand your fears and will keep you in my prayers!!

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 7:20pm
post #9 of 39

I too wish you congratulations and will put you and your family in my prayers. icon_biggrin.gif

adknight Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 8:26pm
post #10 of 39

Thank you to each and everyone one of you for the well wishes and prayers! You have absolutely no idea how much all the support means to me! You guys are the best "family" a girl could ask for!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:46am
post #11 of 39

I also want to say congrats to both you and your family and to let you know that I will be praying for the safe arrival of your baby.

AlamoSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlamoSweets Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:58am
post #12 of 39

Congratulations and please try and keep positive thoughts! Everything does happen for a reason and everything happens when it is suppose to. Say a prayer and I will too. Please keep us posted!

MosMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MosMom Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 2:25pm
post #13 of 39

Congratulations!!!!! Try to stay positive as light bleeding and cramps can be completely normal. If you are nervous make a doctors appointment to find out what your HCG level is at and if it is rising at a normal level. That will bring you the peace of mind you need!

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 3:13am
post #14 of 39

Congratulations on your baby!! Please stay positive and just live in the moment. You've got a beautiful life growing inside of you and how amazing are you!

I don't know if you are religous but when I was pregnant I used to say a prayer to St. Gerard. He is the Patron Saint of expectant mothers. He will watch over you and protect your baby. Lots of love going your way!!

adknight Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 10:53pm
post #15 of 39

I had my blood drawn on Monday to check my Progesterone level (the hormone that supports the pregnancy until the placenta takes over) and my HCG level (the actual pregnancy hormone). My progesterone came back pretty low but my HCG was ok, so the dr. told me to be cautiously optimistic and put me on medication to raise my progesterone level.

I went back today to have my levels retested and they came back looking good!!! It is still very early so many things can still happen, but for now this is great news!

Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers. I will keep you posted.

~Amber

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 11:06pm
post #16 of 39

I pray that things go well and you have a healthy pregnancy.

maggiev777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maggiev777 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 11:36pm
post #17 of 39

That is awesome!!! I also had low progesterone at the beginning of my pregnancy, and my dr put me on progesterone support... and my little boy is here now to show for it!

I hope everything goes perfectly for you!!!!

cakemomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomof3 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 7:54pm
post #18 of 39

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I am so glad you received great news. I am keeping you in my prayers.

adknight Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 10:51pm
post #19 of 39

Update:

I had my blood drawn again Friday and today (Monday), and my hCG is not increasing as quickly as the doctor wishes it would. This could mean three things. 1 - everything is fine and I have nothing to worry about, 2 - it could be an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy or 3 - I could be miscarrying. I have to go back again Wednesday to have the tests done again and will hopefully know more then.

~Amber

Meemawfish Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 11:18pm
post #20 of 39

Amber I will pray that everything goes good with the baby and you. icon_biggrin.gif

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 12:27am
post #21 of 39

Amber~

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of love coming to you from California.

I am 6 1/2 months pregnant with our 3rd son and I had bleeding with all of them. I know its crazy stressful but keep the faith and good thoughts, try not to stress to much!

Take it easy girl and let us know how you're doing!!!!

Linda

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:48am
post #22 of 39

Amber,
Congrats!! I will keep you in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby! Make sure to get lots of rest and proper vitamins to help!

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 3:05am
post #23 of 39

Wow... I can't even imagine how much stress you're going through right now... Let us know how it goes wednesday. Best wishes.

adknight Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:09am
post #24 of 39

Another update:

I know you all are probably tired of hearing these updates, but it makes me feel so much better to put it out here. icon_smile.gif

I had my hormone levels checked again today, and they went up - again not as much as they would like for them to (but up instead of down is still a positive sign).

I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow morning to check for a viable pregnancy, and that will be hopefully be the end to all this blood work.

Wish me luck, and thank you a million times over for your continued prayers!

~Amber

Meemawfish Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 12:36am
post #25 of 39

Amber I wish you all the luck and will continue to pray for you and no we don't get tired of hearing about it. Please keep us inform. icon_biggrin.gif

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:06am
post #26 of 39

That sounds positive! Best wishes for tomorrow icon_biggrin.gif

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 1:27am
post #27 of 39

I wish you the best of luck, I for sure know what it's like to go back every couple of days for blood work. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:15am
post #28 of 39

Good Luck!!! And good thoughts for you tomarrow.

Chippi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chippi Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 5:39am
post #29 of 39

Will say lots of prayers for you Amber. Congrats! Good luck tomorrow!

Chippi

adknight Posted 14 Nov 2008 , 4:13am
post #30 of 39

Final update icon_sad.gif

I had my ultrasound today, and it turns out that I am carrying an ectopic pregnancy (which means outside the uterus). It happens to be in my left ovary which is an unusual case. Unfortunately an ectopic pregnancy cannot survive, so I will be having surgery tomorrow morning to remove it. There is also a great chance that I will also have to have my left ovary and tube removed depending on how much the placenta has grown and what it has attached itself to. I am 7 weeks and 2 days pregnant, so the chances of losing these are very high. It is a sad and scary thought, but my reproductive system should still function pretty much normally after a small adjustment period.

Again I want to say thank you to each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers during this time. I could never make it through this without my family, friends, and cake family!

May God bless each of you for your kindness and thoughfulness!
~Amber

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%