$500 Walmart Cake

Decorating By Rocketgirl899 Updated 19 Nov 2008 , 2:33pm by Lynnzee

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 5:44pm
post #121 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica970206

You are too funny!!!!! I LOVE Sandra Lee, but she never should have said $500 cake, LOL> To me it looks like a $40 cake, exactly what they paid, for it to look like that.

Totally, and only $0 cause you have to bake 3 different types of cakes!
Gag, lol.

sweetisome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetisome Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 6:22pm
post #122 of 150

2 cakes from WalMart....$30
Cookies From WalMart....$20
Good idea for "typical" busy mom (poorly executed)...$1,000,000
Getting shamelessly bashed on CC.....Priceless!

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 6:56pm
post #123 of 150

I think she's got an interesting concept, albeit exaggerated at a $500 cake. But I'll giver her credit for thinking outside the party box and trying to make a memorable cake for a party.[/quote]

I agree with EnjoyThecake, it is exaggerated at $500.00, think of all those moms who are on a tight budget and can't afford to order a large theme cake but want to give their child a memorable birthday party, I think the majority of childrem would think is beautiful.

Lomikesa usaribbon.gif

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 9:05pm
post #124 of 150

Okay, I see the "easy" side of this. Really I do. There was a time when I would have done something like this....BUT she said "I've even done this kind of thing for weddings." icon_confused.gif Ummm....RIIIGGGHHHHTTTTT. Do we know of a bride who wouldn't blow a gasket if you presented them with something like this? I don't. I swear from the time she said that line my mouth dropped open and never shut again.

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 9:38pm
post #125 of 150

lol sweetisome... nice icon_smile.gif

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 10:04pm
post #126 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatdessert1st

I'm in the minority here but I think it's an adorable cake for a child's bday! I like the idea .... the kids would LOVE to help decorate it. Great for the moms who really want to "make" their child's cake but don't know how to do one from scratch. Not a $500 cake for sure but very cute with do-able short cuts for the unexperienced cake bakers. I like Sandra... maybe a few too many espressos on her end but I'd love to have her energy and passion!

Mel Mc.

I agree. I think this is a great project for kids. A young girl would probably get a bit thrill from helping make her own special cake. But, older kids would not be impressed. And, worth $500? No, no, no! Get real.

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 10:31pm
post #127 of 150

It's not a bad concept, but it's not really semi-homemade either. That would be maybe buying a cake and premade cookie dough, or buying the cookies and making a boxed mix.

I agree Ina Garten is a snob, bu they are all rich food celebs, so I guess one would expect it.

I think the Dallas woman should have won FN star. She was the only one that had a different pt. of view that is not always represented on FN. I actually like to make swanky food at home, I think she would have been great.

I also like the Chef Jeff project. These kids are so unemployable they probably could not get a job bussing tables. Although I'm not sure if the woman with four kids is going to make it. She just seems kind of lazy. And she totally lied about her car getting vandalized.

Let's see, I guess that about covers it for now, lol.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 10:45pm
post #128 of 150

Sandra Lee enrolled in a two week course (scroll down to "Earlier") at Le Cordon Bleu, but did not complete it. She is not a trained chef.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 11:48pm
post #129 of 150

I totally agree with whoever said FN needs a rival channel! I mean, sometimes other channels will have a quick cooking show, but there is not a single other food channel. I mean, HBO has STARZ, right?

You know, maybe we should all write letters/emails to food network expressing our thoughts on some of their newer/outdated shows... People got Family Guy back on the air by writing letters, I know that they use suggestions if enough people say it...

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 4:09am
post #130 of 150

I know this thread has died, but I just saw this on a blog, and wanted to post it. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
LL

cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 1:43pm
post #131 of 150

Made me almost *** my pants. Maybe it could work on MY BIg Redneck Wedding!!!!!!!!!!

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 2:37pm
post #132 of 150

That cake look like it was $40. I know she means well.

Petit-four Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Petit-four Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 2:50pm
post #133 of 150

Here's Sandra Lee's recipe for a wedding cake, which I think CC members will enjoy. Read all 76 reviews (especially the "one star" ones) for some laughs. Her final sentence is: "Find mate, wed, serve."

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/2-tier-lemon-raspberry-cake-recipe/index.html

I am so disturbed by her whole cooking philosophy, I really cannot write any more. icon_rolleyes.gif

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 11:28pm
post #134 of 150

Thanks for sharing and making me laugh! Totally worth $500....in Monopoly money maybe!!! The best part about Sandra Lee is usually her table scapes, which no one has a million sets of dishes just laying in their house to make a fun "table" each day of the week!

Funny, but I wonder if she is a CC member and has read this or watched herself! princess.gif

Rocketgirl899 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:31am
post #135 of 150

Hey Kristin,

your signature made me think of a shirt I saw my professor wearing...

Those who can do, do...Those who can do it better teach.

I tihnk thats what it was icon_smile.gif

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:46am
post #136 of 150

Rocketgirl899, I love that! I've never seen it on a shirt or anything, but I can't stand the original "those who can't do, teach" phrase, so I started saying the other one, but I like yours better and I may have to borrow it!!!

Thanks for sharing! princess.gif

jennym0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennym0904 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:12am
post #137 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandu001

Rocketgirl899, I love that! I've never seen it on a shirt or anything, but I can't stand the original "those who can't do, teach" phrase, so I started saying the other one, but I like yours better and I may have to borrow it!!!

Thanks for sharing! princess.gif

THANKS FOR THIS! I teach and I am so tired of hearing that stupid quote. It annoys the heck out of me!

jennym0904 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennym0904 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 2:14am
post #138 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

I know this thread has died, but I just saw this on a blog, and wanted to post it. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

summernoelle-
i was scrolling down the page really fast and saw that pic and about fell off my chair laughing- that is hysterical!

food network is moving away from real, trained chefs and moving to these everyday people. I love good eats ! alton is trained, but i love all the science and history that he incorporates!

littlesusie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlesusie Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:21pm
post #139 of 150

My husband calls her show "Semi-Delicious!" I laugh everytime I think about him saying that! Bless her heart...

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 8:42pm
post #140 of 150

I don't know anyone who would want this for therir bday, even a cake civilian. and for a wedding????!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:12pm
post #141 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesusie

My husband calls her show "Semi-Delicious!" I laugh everytime I think about him saying that! Bless her heart...

My husband just says he'd like to see her naked. But he says that about most women on TV.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:06pm
post #142 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

for whomever said she probably couldn't cook, she actually attended Le Cordon Bleu School in Ottawa...apparently that holds weight on this forum.

i've only watched one of her shows, and wasn't really overly impressed, but i actually liked the fact that she decorated differently to go with the theme of the food...it's not meant to tell everyone to do that...it's only showing decorating ideas. i liked her style on the show i watched, and got a couple of good decorating ideas.

as for this video...hmmmm. crap!

Please note that it doesn't say anywhere that she "GRADUATED" from Cordon Bleu.

Sorry, this woman makes crap. There's just no way she should be on TV.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 11:26pm
post #143 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

My husband just says he'd like to see her naked. But he says that about most women on TV.

HA! "The Boyfriend" is the same way, and he wonders why we aren't married yet, hahaha!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 4:55am
post #144 of 150

It's official AND famous .... this video just made it onto www.cakewrecks.com !!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 5:31am
post #145 of 150

I haven't read the 10 pages, but Sandra Lee is smokin' some wacky stuff if she thinks that looks like a $500 cake. It looks just like what it is, a discounted Walmart cake that a kid decorated. Brides would spend $500 and you can't tell me they'd be happy w/ that!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 7:17pm
post #146 of 150
Quote:

Quote:

Once you see one woman naked, you want to see tham all naked. icon_biggrin.gif

Not Mike

Rocketgirl899 Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 10:40pm
post #147 of 150
Quote:

Quote:

basically my bf too!

You are welcome for the teacher quote! Obviously, we see Sandra can't "DO" because look at the crap she is teaching icon_smile.gif Maybe that is the only example icon_smile.gif

hehe.

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 6:17am
post #148 of 150

Who are they kidding?? I wouldn't buy that cake for 20.00!! I mean it takes more than a store bought cake, some cupcakes, and sprinkles to make a master piece! It's kind of insulting to people who put hours and hours into a cake!!!

Lynnzee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnzee Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 2:28pm
post #149 of 150

That was one ugly cake!!

Lynnzee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnzee Posted 19 Nov 2008 , 2:33pm
post #150 of 150

That was one ugly cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%