I Got A New Job!!!!!!!

Lounge By Rose_N_Crantz Updated 6 Nov 2008 , 6:24am by dragonflydreams

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 9

So I've been working in a grocery store bakery for only about a year and a half. At first I liked it, learning how to decorate cakes, discovering that I have a talent for it, etc. I just loved it when I would hand out a cake order and the person would just gasp when they saw it. I lived for those kind of reactions.

Then we got a little shorthanded at work. But the managers didn't hire anyone else because they figured I could do it. I was getting so strung out! I was having to work as hard and as fast as I could every day! My hands felt like they were going to break everytime I squeezed a bag of icing. I was starting to hate my job, I would feel angry at every person who would call to order a cake because it was just more work! So I starting applying at other places (non bakery jobs) but I never got a call back. My husband and I and the people at the bible study we go to were praying for us for months that I would get a new job.

Then, about a month ago, my boss came up to me and said she heard some talk about another position opening up in the store (I work for a warehouse club). The manager who mentioned the open position also mentioned me right away for the job. I'm thinking, no way! This is good! The job? Comparison shopping. Basically I drive out to our store's competition (target/cub/other warehouse clubs) and check the prices on the items that we also carry. When I'm not doing that I help out with signage, customer service, that kind of stuff. What an answer to prayers!

So now I'm on my third week on the new job and I LOVE IT!!!! Sure, I'm not doing cakes anymore, but now I have time and energy to make some practice cakes at home and to try some things that I wouldn't have had the opportunity to try at work, like fondant/tiered/carved cakes. I love decorating again, and my hands don't hurt anymore!

All I have to say is Praise Jesus, because this was just handed to me by Him!

8 replies
ljhow623 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljhow623 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 9

Good for you. Prayers do work and it looks like yours were answered. Good luck with your new career.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 9

Awesome, Cake Buddy, I'm happy for you.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 3:09am
post #4 of 9

Congrats on the new job!

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 9

Yeah!

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 9:03pm
post #6 of 9

that's great! it's wonderful to love your job! best of luck!

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 3:16am
post #7 of 9

CONGRATULATIONS! I bet you sleep better at night icon_smile.gif I know that it must feel great to love your job thumbs_up.gif

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 5:13am
post #8 of 9

Congratulations, I'm very happy for you.

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 6:24am
post #9 of 9

. . . sooo happy for you . . . I'm glad your prayers were answered . . . thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%