Layering & Fondant

Decorating By hockeymom5 Updated 3 Nov 2008 , 12:55am by kakeladi

hockeymom5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hockeymom5 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 2

I am getting back into cake decorating and need a few reminders...Please. I am planning on making a hockey net & puck for next week. I plan to use 1-2 large sheet cakes cut, layered, and carved for the net and 2 small 6-8" pans for the puck. I plan to do all in fondant with BC decorations. My question is this. How do I serve this? I do plan on using dowels, cake board & parchment in between the layers. The fondant will be covering the layers so I won't know where the boards are in between to know where to divide the layers. Also the bottom layers will only have the fondant on the sides and buttercream on top. Won't that look strange after cutting? Any ideas. This needs to serve about 150 people.

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 12:55am
post #2 of 2

Can you discreetly mark the side of the sheet toknow where to cut it? Maybe do some kind of decoration?
The thing I'm conserned about is your saying you will use parchment paper....is this to cover your board? (then o.kicon_smile.gif
I wouldn't be concerned about it looking strange once cut. Only the outside pieces will have the fondant sides w/b'c top....all the rest will be just b'c on top.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%