Hope You Don't Mind.....

Decorating By M_Mischief Updated 2 Nov 2008 , 1:27am by Michelle104

M_Mischief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
M_Mischief Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 11:47am
post #1 of 18

......I just wanted to say "Hi"

My name's Elaine and I live in the UK. I've been lurking for a while now and I've finally plucked up the courage to say hello icon_biggrin.gif

I've been cake decorating for about 6 years now and have been demonstarting for about a year. I've 2 boys 4yrs & 7yrs, that keep me on my toes, and a hubby.

My youngest has just started school fulltime now, and so giving me more time to do my cakes. I'm busy at the moment with my competition cakes for the NEC in a couple of weeks, where I'm hoping people will like my entries, and have just started to make tutorials.

My skills mainly lay with novelty sculpting and modelling and if I can help anyone out i will, I've put a few in the gallery if you want to take a peek icon_smile.gif

There's so many great cake photo's on this site that I'm running out of hours in the day to see them all, and loads a great advice.

Thanks for listening, I couldn't find an 'official' place to say hello, so I hope it's ok putting it in this thread icon_biggrin.gif

17 replies
jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:06pm
post #2 of 18

Welcome to CC!
Since you have been lurking for a while I'm sure you know this is a great place.
Don't hesitate to post pics or ask questions, that's what we are here for.
Again Welcome!

Jibbies

irisinbloom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irisinbloom Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:10pm
post #3 of 18

Welcome to CC, your cakes are AWESOMEicon_smile.gif

M_Mischief Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:38pm
post #4 of 18

Hi jibbies & irisinbloom, thankyou for the warm welcome! icon_biggrin.gif

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:58pm
post #5 of 18

Hello Elaine! My name is Karen and I am from Ontario, Canada (originally from New York, USA). It's a pleasure to meet you. I am sure you already know how wonderful this site is, so I don't have to tell you.

I joined back in July and have quickly become a CC addict. The people here are so friendly and helpful and I have learned a lot from them and love them all!

Have a fabulous day and I look forward to your posts and chatting with you! icon_biggrin.gif

marcimang Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marcimang Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:13pm
post #6 of 18

Your cakes are incredible and I am glad you found CC. I look forward to seeing your new creations and hope you'll be doing some tutorials on your techniques. Welcome and PLEASE Stay! Marci

M_Mischief Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:27pm
post #7 of 18

Thankyou Eisskween & marcimang it's nice to meet you, and what lovely comments icon_biggrin.gif

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:34pm
post #8 of 18

Just wanted to say hi to a fellow Brit...don't just lurk it's much more fun when you join in the madness. By the way your cakes are fab! thumbs_up.gif

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:44pm
post #9 of 18

icon_smile.gif Welcome to CC. This is such a great site. Your cakes are outstanding... Happy to have you!

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:55pm
post #10 of 18

Hello, from another fellow Brit! icon_biggrin.gif

Your cakes are just fantastic!

You mentioned tutorials... I'd be very interested to see them. Do you have a link, please?

best wishes

Suzanne x

M_Mischief Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:32pm
post #11 of 18

Hello and thankyou! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relznik

You mentioned tutorials... I'd be very interested to see them. Do you have a link, please?

http://www.creativecelebrationcakes.co.uk/page10.htm

Watch this space for more as I'm currently working on a few others, and have got more ideas in the pipeline, Also if you see anything that I've done or do and you think it would make a good tutorial, just holler!

pamconn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pamconn Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:41pm
post #12 of 18

Hello,
Your cakes are great-your rag doll is too cute! Thanks for the link to your website. I'm sure I'll be asking for your help.(run now before it's too late icon_lol.gif )

mandifrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandifrye Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:41pm
post #13 of 18

Well, hello - CC successfully pulled out another lurcker! haahaahaak icon_evil.gif I tried that to, but it only lasted about a week! icon_lol.gif

You have been a member much longer than me, so you already know how fab this site is! And, now that you have posted, it will become so much more of a "must-have" experience! icon_razz.gif

Your cakes are great! My favorite one has to be the one with the farm animals icon_surprised.gif, great idea and great job!

Keep in touch, I love this place.

To many more encounters -
Mandi icon_biggrin.gif

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 3:06pm
post #14 of 18

Welcome to CC, your work is beautiful.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 3:07pm
post #15 of 18

Welcome!!! icon_smile.gif

jessfmaldonado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessfmaldonado Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 4:02pm
post #16 of 18

Hi Elaine!!!! I am in love with your cakes and figures!!!!! I fell in love with your little pink doll right away!!!!!! Your a wonderful artist!!!! I would definitely buy any tutorial from you!!! Welcome to CC!!!!!

Jessica icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

M_Mischief Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 4:06pm
post #17 of 18

Thankyou all for the lovely warm welcome! icon_biggrin.gif

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 1:27am
post #18 of 18

Hi Elaine! I'm Michelle! I live in Missouri and have 3 girls, 12, 8, and 7, and 1 baby boy who will be 1 tomorrow! Nice to meet you! I'll chime in with everyone else with what you do already know...this place is awesome! It's my cake crack! I love your cakes and definitely look forward to "seeing" more of you!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%