Need A Stacked Teapot & Cups Cake Cookie Cutter

Baking By Joanne1944 Updated 7 Nov 2008 , 6:50pm by MystiqueFire

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:20am
post #1 of 10

I need a Simon's teapot and stacked cups cake cookie cutter. Now that John Newton is retired and not making cookie cutters any more, I am hoping someone out there has one they are willing to part with. If so, please send me a private message.
I have attached a photo of a decorated cookie made with this cutter. I think this one was made by Fancy Flours.
If I can't find this cutter, does anyone have any other ideas for something similar?
LL
LL

9 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:35am
post #2 of 10

http://www.kitchengifts.com/custom.html

They make custom cookie cutters

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:41am
post #3 of 10

[url]ecrandal.com[/url]
They also make custom cutters!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:47am
post #4 of 10

google custom cookie cutters there's oodles of places that make them spayshul just fer you!

Joanne1944 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 11:51am
post #5 of 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I have used ecramdal.com for custom cutters and iI just love their work. They are the best!
I really need to find the Simon cutter. I don't think it would be right to ask someone to make a cutter of a design that was designed and belongs to someone else.
I am a Simon cookie cutter collector and I sure do miss their cutters. If I can't find this cutter, I suppose I could trace it and then cut my cookies by hand. I don't sell cookies. I just want to make these for a party.
Thanks. Joanne

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:31am
post #6 of 10

Just an FYI, Simon's cutter is an original design and I would be hesitant to have another cutter company copy that or any of their or another's cutters... John maybe retired but his designs are still his... icon_confused.gif

Jasmine

Joanne1944 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:32pm
post #7 of 10

Jasmine, I agree. I would never ask a cutter company to make someone else's design. John Newton does still own the rights to all his original designs. I was just hoping someone might have one of these cutters they would be willing to sell. I collect Simon's cutters and I love them all. John Newton is a true artist.

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:02pm
post #8 of 10

I checked ebay and didn't see it, but you could keep checking there.
(when I typed 'cookie cutter' there were over 5,000 matches, and about 40 for 'tea cookie cutter')
you could always use a template or make your own cutter?

Joanne1944 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 5:16pm
post #9 of 10

Jen, thanks for checking. This is a fairly rare cutter, since all the Simon's cutters were made individually by hand. There was one on Ebay several months ago, but it was sold before I had a chance to bid on it. I can't believe I missed it. I guess I will just keep checking Ebay and maybe one will show up one day.

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 6:50pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne1944

Jasmine, I agree. I would never ask a cutter company to make someone else's design. John Newton does still own the rights to all his original designs. I was just hoping someone might have one of these cutters they would be willing to sell. I collect Simon's cutters and I love them all. John Newton is a true artist.

I love his work, too! I just dont want anyone getting in trouble! I wish I had his Noah's Ark before someone swooped in and bought it. =(

Now the woman who bought it wont sell it to me.

Jasmine

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%