Omg Closeups!!

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 1 Nov 2008 , 1:47pm by loriemoms

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 9:29pm
post #1 of 5

I have been doing wedding cakes for three years now, almost 4. I have lost count of how many, I think maybe 250 weddings? I take snap shots of my cakes just my records and to stick them on the web site, mainly for my own use and to have proof the cake was delivered in one piece.

Well, recently I discovered that photographers will give you a photo of your cake for free if you give them credit for the photo! So I have been collecting photos from photographers to mainly put in my albums since their photos are SO beautiful!!

but OH GOD THE SHOCK! They LOVE LOVE LOVE to take these extreme closeups of cake. Of scroll work, of the flowers, of the bows, of the ribbon, of everything! All I see is my hand wasn't very straight when I did that one loop or the fondant has a little bubble or the buttercream isn't smooth. GADS!!! Do they show these photos to brides? Do they go "God, my cake really was awful!" Why do they do that???? Or are we just pickier? is a not so smooth loop or a flower that is a little off consider ART??

Anyone else seen thieir work under a microscope??

4 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 3:31am
post #2 of 5

Oh Lord, I haven't seen mine like that but just the thought scares me to death. They probably don't notice it like we do, but even the untrained eye would have to notice some of these things when magnified.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 9:42am
post #3 of 5

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Know what you mean. My DH takes all my photographs. He'll try to put them in a collage and say 'let's do a close up of that great bow' - when I see the photo I'm thinking "can't we take the picture from 50-feet away?" icon_rolleyes.gif

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 11:34am
post #4 of 5

I know what you mean... when we got the pictures back from my sister's wedding we were all in disbelief over the amount of cake photos he took. He took 5 alone of the little tiny cut where they took out the pieces they fed to each other... it was overkill for sure!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:47pm
post #5 of 5

hahaha! I am glad I am not alone! I want to put a sign on the cakes now "No Closeup Photos Please"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%