My Costume Props Turned Into A Last Minute Order

Business By Carolynlovescake Updated 1 Nov 2008 , 1:12am by loriemoms

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 7

What the heck!

I was going to take 50 cupcakes to hubby's work and decorate them as I went with a 1m swirl and sprinkles to all my friends (I used to work there as well).

A good friend calls in a panic "I forgot to order cupcakes and none of the bakery's will do a custom order for tonight. Can you help?"

So my 60 cupcakes (10 for home consumption) got frosted and decorated and are now sitting in boxes for him to pick up for his NA (narcotics anonymous) Halloween party tonight.

He knows I can't take money since I am no longer licensed so I am betting he's going to show up and hand hubby a good chunk of change for them.

He's such a goober because I'm a 19 year member myself and he knows I'd donate to their events at the drop of a hat.

So instead of going as a cake decorator I'm doing plan B and tossing my LA Kings hockey jersey on and going into the pit of Red Wings fans there instead.

But hey at least I was able to help him out and they are getting some damn good cupcakes tonight for their party. It will be worth the ribbing I get while wearing my jersey.

6 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 8:59pm
post #2 of 7

LA still has a hockey team ????? icon_biggrin.gif GO WINGS

Mike

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:52am
post #3 of 7

Detroit all the way baby, GO WINGS!!!!!

Your a good friend to help him out. You could have been mean and said no.

Carolynlovescake Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:56am
post #4 of 7

Mike if it wasn't Happy Halloween I'd tell you to stuff it! icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

Well he just left, 56 cupcakes for $25. If he wasn't a good friend and it wasn't for such a great group of people I'd be insulted.

He brought his grand daughter with him and she just batted her eyes at the ones still on the shelf and I snuck one into a baggie for her for later because she said they were "the most beautifulistst* cupcakes I had ever laid my big brown eyes on!" with a gasp

*beautifulistst - spelling error on purpose because that was exactly how she said it.

.44 cent cupcakes... unfreaking real!

It did work out though because there would have been no way I would have had enough cupcakes at hubby's place and I would have needed both hands and I forgot the stroller at home for Kaitlyn. Plan B Kings costume was perfect.

Now to plot my revenge for Mike! just kidding, I still love ya as a cake sibling even if you have icky hockey taste. icon_lol.gif

Carolynlovescake Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 12:59am
post #5 of 7

oh and I forgot to say... pat of hubby's team are diabetics who can't have even unfrosted cupcakes so they were very mean to me today (not really) for bringing in treats they couldn't eat.

So now I have been tasked by humorous harrassment to bring in something they can eat while everyone else stares at it in envy.

Anyone out there with diabetis (sp) that can throw me some ideas on what yummy treats I can make for them? I've never baked diabetic freindly before.

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:09am
post #6 of 7

Go Leafs!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 1:12am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynGwen

oh and I forgot to say... pat of hubby's team are diabetics who can't have even unfrosted cupcakes so they were very mean to me today (not really) for bringing in treats they couldn't eat.

So now I have been tasked by humorous harrassment to bring in something they can eat while everyone else stares at it in envy.

Anyone out there with diabetis (sp) that can throw me some ideas on what yummy treats I can make for them? I've never baked diabetic freindly before.

I happen to be diabetic and can't eat cake either (my blood sugar is a real mess during wedding season because I cannot resist tasting my mousses when I am making them or the buttercream...my doctor is very mad at me these days) A cupcake without any frosting is fine on a diabetic diet, as long as its not all the time, and no frosting. Its the frosting that is the killer! A really tasty treat for me is a small piece of angel food cake, with some strawberries and a sugar free cool whip! Man, it is like heaven! Another nice thing is really really good dark chocolate. Beleive it or not, I am SUPPOSE to eat a small piece everyday, as it helps with cancer but also helps with cholestrial....but make sure its only dark chocolate, with no nuts or anything in it.

If you want some recipes for other types of treats, feel free to PM me..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%