Wilton Course 2 Cake!

Decorating By Tinaweena197 Updated 7 Nov 2008 , 3:11am by Carolynlovescake

Tinaweena197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tinaweena197 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 13

Last night I did my finale cake for course 2. It was my first time with basketweaving, and I loved it!! It was so much fun and I can't wait for course 3 to start next week.

I'm new to decorating, and hadn't decorated a cake ever, until I started the courses last month. Any constructive critiques are welcome!

Thanks for looking!

12 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:57pm
post #2 of 13

Very nice!

I'm glad you are enjoying the classes.

Postal_Cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Postal_Cakemaker Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 13

Yours look awesome!! Much better than mine looked.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 7:08pm
post #4 of 13

Your cake looks really nice, I enjoyed the Wilton classes too, wish I could take more.

Tinaweena197 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 13

Thanks guys! I really do love doing this...I'm so excited for the fondant work. I feel like after I start using fondant I can really just go wild and start doing cakes from my imagination.

lilmansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmansmum Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:06am
post #6 of 13

Good job! I teach the Wilton courses, and I can say your cake is better than most C2 cakes I've seen!...and I've had some pretty good ones.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 2:34am
post #7 of 13

Your instructor did a great job teaching you!
You did a great job learning icon_smile.gif

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 7:04am
post #8 of 13

You have a talent for cake decorating. Beautiful.

orianadalyyorkshire8656 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
orianadalyyorkshire8656 Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 10:16pm
post #9 of 13

The colorflow birds are beautiful. The colors on the cake correlate amazingly. You could have maybe added a few more flowers. But that's all i can say.

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 7:23am
post #10 of 13

Good job. My instructor couldn't really do daisies, so she skipped them in our class, yours look great. I agree that there's something really enjoyable about doing basketweave. Have fun at your fondant class!

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 2:43pm
post #11 of 13

Hard to believe this is only a "beginners" cake...you did a great job! Kudos to your instructor as well! I only found one thing that I would say you need to address! My eye went RIGHT to the starting/finish point of your top border...just above the bird...If you have a 'joining' problem just make that the back....or where the flowers cascade over it!

Another way to join them is to use just the tip of a knife to gently lift the start point over the finishing tail....hope I am explaining this right. That would give you a border that seems to have no start or finish.

Tinaweena197 Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 6:37pm
post #12 of 13

Thanks bisbqueenb ! I noticed it also, immediatly after I finished it of course. I should have started and finished at the back of the cake like I did the basketweave but I wasn't thinking!

I love my instructor, she's so friendly and I really like her demonstrations, she makes it easy to learn.

I start course 3 tonight, so exciting!

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 3:11am
post #13 of 13

That's a great cake!

You did really well on the basketweave too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%