Debbie Brown's Thomas Instructions Anyone??

Decorating By vagostino Updated 22 Aug 2013 , 6:32pm by Godot

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 32

Hi!!

I need to make a 3D Thomas cake for my friend's son. (She helped me pack my whole house when i moved so i owe her!)
I tried to find the Debbie Brown's book but it's $80 at amazon and I can't afford it right now.

Does anyone have this book and can give me instructions about how to make the cake? specially the carving?

I did find the instructions for thomas on a blogspot but those are for buttercream. i'll use those if nothing else but i would love to see Debbie Brown;s way.

Thanks!!

31 replies
michelle574 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michelle574 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 32

I don't have the book, so I can't help you out there. Did you try checking at your local library to see if they might have it? I did a quick online search at my library and they have a couple of Debbie Brown's books.

Dileia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dileia Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 32

Hi, I have the tutorial 3D thomas cake . I saved on my favorite, but I don`t know how send to you. on CC . If you help me , .

vagostino Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 32

thanks! i did checked the library...they don;t have it.
I also checked ebay, they have two but the bid closes in a week plus they are already going to be a high price since they are 5 bids on each.

I do have the 3D tutorial from thomas.blogspot...i was interested on seeing the instrucions for a fondant one.

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 32

Which book is it from?

vagostino Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 4:37pm
post #6 of 32

i think it is "Favourite character cakes". that one has thomas on the front .

CakeMakar Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:16pm
post #7 of 32

When do you need it by? My library has it, but I have to request it and wait for it to get sent from another branch.

vagostino Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:31pm
post #9 of 32

CakeMakar, Thank you so much for all your research!!! I can't believe you are taking the time to do this for me!!! Thanks!
I did see those two on ebay but they are in Australia, so even if I win the bid who knows if I'll get them on time.
Answering your question, The cake is for next Saturday at 10AM. So the absolute latest for my to get the book is thursday so i can decorate on friday.
I think that those australian books might not get here on time ....

THANKS!!

CakeMakar Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:35pm
post #10 of 32

I'll request it from the library and see when I get it. Hopefully it gets here quick. If I get it before Thursday I'll scan it and send it to you. Provided another CC'er doesn't come to the rescue first!

Someone sent me the Lovable Character Cake directions when I was in a bind, so I'm just paying it forward! icon_biggrin.gif

vagostino Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:45pm
post #11 of 32

Thanks!! I'll wait and we'll see. Don't worry if you don't get it or can't get to the library. Thanks so much for you help!
I do have tons of books (not this one though), so if you ever need one let me know!

CakeMakar Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:09am
post #12 of 32

Sorry, I don't think I'm going to get it. I saw I'm the second person it's on hold for and its checked out at the moment. The person in front of me can keep it up to 3 weeks and who knows how long the current person has had it.

MaloSlatko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaloSlatko Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 11:56am
post #13 of 32

I have the book and would be happy to scan and email you the instruction pages. Please PM me your email address.

I am in Australia and it's 11pm now so I would not be able to respond until tomorrow morning our time. I hope this is suitable. I will check for your response tomorrow morning and will send accordingly.

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 11:57am
post #14 of 32

Can u try the below link. I have this saved but cant seem to attach it.

http://thomasthetankenginecake.blogspot.com/2006/11/making-thomas-face.html

hope that helps

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:42pm
post #15 of 32

I just checked my books. I have four of Debbie Brown's, but that's not one of them. icon_sad.gif I hope your able to find it! thumbs_up.gif

vagostino Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:43pm
post #16 of 32

Thank you so much everyone again!!!
I can't believe how generous you all are!
Lekoli is going to send them to me soon, so thanks so much to her!
And thank you so much you all for keeping the topic going so somebody can help me.
Thanks specially to cake makar for going out of her way to help me!
(i feel like i'm giving an Oscar acceptance speech but i really want to thank you all!!! )
[/i]

CakeMakar Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 5:14pm
post #17 of 32

glad to help and glad lekoli came to the rescue! Good luck with your cake. Post a picture here if you can!

vagostino Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 10:31pm
post #18 of 32

I did it! i did the cake. here are some pictures (never attached pictures before so let's see if they show up)
Of course not because I had the Debbie Brown pages my cake looked like hers but oh well...I hope the child likes it. I messed up in so many places! Plus when i was in the middle of it i had to get out of my house because is for sale and a real estate agent wanted to show it icon_cry.gif
Thank you all for your help!!!!
LL
LL

CakeMakar Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 12:14am
post #19 of 32

Came out great! Congrats!

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 12:53am
post #20 of 32

It looks great! Congratulations!

MaloSlatko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaloSlatko Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 2:19am
post #21 of 32

You did a great job, very well done icon_smile.gif

mrsgutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsgutt Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 11:16am
post #22 of 32

I would need to get ahold of the debbie brown thomas instructions, I'm in Melbourne.  If anybody is willing to scan and email them to me I'd really appreciate it. 
Thanks

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 1:10pm
post #23 of 32

For future reference if you are chasing a particular book try 'abe books'.  They have new as well as second hand from all over the world.

debbie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie53 Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 1:12pm
post #24 of 32

Hi i have instructions for a thomas which is really easy to follow and is brilliant  i could email it to you if you would like to give me your email address. i have attached a pic of my cake. regards, Debbie x

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 1:14pm
post #25 of 32

Ha, just registered how old the original thread is.  mrsgutt I have the book.  If you want to pm me your email address I will scan thomas for you and email it tomorrow.

mrsgutt Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 12:13am
post #26 of 32

thank you, not sure how to use this blog thingy, a bit challenged in that department, how do I PM someone?

mrsgutt Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 12:16am
post #27 of 32

figured it out, very easy really!!

tinkeretreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinkeretreats Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 12:47am
post #28 of 32

Can anyone send me the instructions as well??? I want to make this for my son's birthday next week! thanks!!

[email protected]

soldiernurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soldiernurse Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 1:11am
post #29 of 32

AYou guys are the bestest!!

SweetSandee92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSandee92 Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 4:20pm
post #30 of 32

Hi All..

I have been trying to find the book for several weeks now with no luck.  If any one is still tracking this thread can I kindly as someone who has the instructions to please please email or PM me them to me.  I would greatly appreciate it!!!  

[email protected]

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!

Sandee

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%