What Do You Think...divorce Or Not

Decorating By CNCS Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 8:36pm by Pastelitoz4u

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 12

Yesterday I spent over 8 hours working on cakes for the church fall festival tonite.

I make my last batch of buttercreme. Partially frost the cake for the auction and hubby comes home.
I go take a shower and we go out to eat.

This morning I get up looking for the buttercreme, thinking hubby places it in the fridge...nope not there HE PUT IT IN THE SINK AND RAN WATER IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called him at work and ---ched at him. All he says is sorry thought it was left overs. Oh well.

I am soooo mad my blood pressure is sky high.

Make more you say...yeah right I live 20 miles in the boonies cant drive because of the cataract and I dont have the ingredients to remake the same color to match.

Mad isnt the word for how I feel.

11 replies
julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 12

divorce!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 12

wow, if I divorced my husband for something that little I wouldn't have ever made it to the altar LOL My DH doesn't understand my "cake obsession" either, but I think I wouldn't be able to help but be a tad big excited if my DH actually picked up a bowl and put it IN THE SINK!!!! lol
I say you call him back and ask him to pick up the ingredients FOR YOU on his way home!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 12

I say he brings the ingredients to you during HIS lunch break.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:33pm
post #5 of 12

I agree, hubby can shop and bring home the goods during his lunch hour. Divorce is a bit drastic.

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 12

Divorce, I don't think so. Not when the situation might be resolved by a simple note on the bowl saying DO NOT TOUCH. Or something like that. I know the 20 mile out issue (thank goodness we moved) but don't throw away marriage for such a trivial thing....
No one is perfect. My husband knows my obsession with cake and so I dont have that problem but compared to a LOT of people if water in your icing is your biggest complaint.....Consider it a blessing....
When examining your marriage look at it through a microscope, only look through the wrong end..... (things seem so small that way)

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:26pm
post #7 of 12

He knew it was there, he knew what it was and after 20 + years he knows not to bother any icing.

He wont be home until 8 or 830. No lunch break he took his own.

DD is picking up the other cake at 5 and dropping it off on her way out of town.

So it's 1 cake this year instead of 3 as usual.

hpotter83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hpotter83 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:07pm
post #8 of 12

I'm sure she was kidding about divorcing him, lol.

I would be pretty pissed too! I have this problem though, were I buy way too much cake stuff so that if I mess up, I can just make more!

But that's not gonna help you now, obviously, but hey you can do it next time.

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:13pm
post #9 of 12

Nah, don't divorce him. No judge would convict ya.....just give him a good whuppin'. Stay off the face. icon_lol.gif

dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:46pm
post #10 of 12

. . . just so you know, you are not alone . . . here is a previous thread that came to mind (and made me laugh) . . . be sure to read michellenj's post on page 3 about the leaf blower . . . and you will realize you are married to a saint . . . http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=583542&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=leaf&&start=0 . . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Dinny2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dinny2222 Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 7:14pm
post #11 of 12

divorce no....new piece of jewelry..YES!!

Pastelitoz4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastelitoz4u Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 8:36pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflydreams

. . . just so you know, you are not alone . . . here is a previous thread that came to mind (and made me laugh) . . . be sure to read michellenj's post on page 3 about the leaf blower . . . and you will realize you are married to a saint . . . http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=583542&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=leaf&&start=0 . . . icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Oh boy........all those stories are funny......great laugh.....I can't believe how much we girls go through. icon_rolleyes.gif ...wait, sure I can believe it. I tell you these men can drive us insane. Gotta love them though! right icon_confused.gif

Thanks dragonflydreams for the link!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%