Dancing With The Stars

Lounge By veejaytx Updated 12 Nov 2008 , 4:30am by veejaytx

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 9:55am
post #1 of 17

A little late with this thread, the season is about halfway, but it should really start to get interesting, and tougher for the contestants now.

I must admit that I voted for Cloris Leachman for a few weeks, you've got to admire her for her guts to go do the show at 82, but after a while she just wasn't that funny, or that good with the dancing. I was afraid she would hurt herself, or possibly her partner. Corky Ballas has to be one of the good guys to be able to deal with her, don't you think?

The injuries and illnesses have been something else this season. Now Lacie Schwimmer (not sure of the spelling) says she has endometriosis, like Julianne Hough. That is serious business, hope they both will be okay.

Looking forward to Monday's show, as usual. Janice

16 replies
Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 10:55am
post #2 of 17

I knew that Julianne was having surgery, but I didn't know why. Is it for the endometriosis? I am sorry that she will be out this week.
Yes, I would have to agree with you that Corkey must be a great guy! He sure seemed to be great to her! I only hope to be as agile at 82! With that said....I'm glad she is off now. She got harder to watch each week!
I do enjoy watching the show! Looking forward to another week!

veejaytx Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:01pm
post #3 of 17

I'm not totally clear on Julianne's surgery. She said on the show that she has endometriosis, and then the next thing they said was she was having her appendix removed. So, since the endo. collects/settles on the internal organs, maybe it has affected her appendix? It can be very serious.

Many years ago I went into the hospital for a partial hysterectomy, when I woke up screaming in pain, I was told the endo. was so bad the doctor had to do a complete hysterectomy...evidently I'd had it for years but the doctor I was going to just dismissed all my complaints. The surgery was by a new doctor, and she had suspected I had it, but didn't know the extent of it until she got inside.

Both of these dancers are so young, I'm glad their doctors paid attention and are treating them and hopefully curing their problem.

Well, good luck on being agile at 82, I'm only 72, and there is no way I could dance these days (arthritis has taken over my body) and certainly not like they do on the show. I think Cloris would have been better if she hadn't pushed the clowning around. Once they calmed down the make up they were using on her, she looked really nice.

Looking forward to Monday! Janice

lisad1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisad1 Posted 2 Nov 2008 , 8:41am
post #4 of 17

I think season has been pretty good! I absolutely hated seeing Maxsim and Misty leave, he had a good shot at it this year!! I loved the jitterbug that Max and Edatya did (the one Misty got hurt on)!! Maybe next year...

Cloris definitely deserves some credit! I actually found her more annoying the first 2 weeks, but then she started putting more content into her routine, and I have to give the gal some credit, she is in excellent shape for 82! I hope I'm that spunky when I get there...
But, with that said, I'm glad she's gone too because it really does take from those competitors with more skills. I was really surprised poor Toni Braxton got the boot! I thought she was pretty good!

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 12:54pm
post #5 of 17

Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way but I want Susan Lucci gone. I love her in general but she is so stiff. They keep telling her she is doing good but she she moves like a china doll. Toni braxton was good but I really like the model forgot her name and I like lance mostly because lacey is good and I like the track star because of cheryl. Lol

veejaytx Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 2:54pm
post #6 of 17

Yes, I think it is time for Susan to go. The china doll fits in with what I've been thinking (I'd had a Barbie doll in my head, but thats too big.)
Susan's Diva-ness comes through even when she is dancing. I like her in general too, but she is just working way too hard at this and it should be more fun and entertaining. I get all tense when she dances!

Most of the others who are left are good, but I think it will wind up between Brooke and Lance, and probably Brooke winning the trophy.
I can't make up my mind if I like Lacie (Lance's partner) or not, she's a very good dancer, but a little odd and a lot different from the other pros.

Now we have to wait another whole day to find out!

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 4 Nov 2008 , 3:59pm
post #7 of 17

It was pretty clear last night in the team dance that Susan is definitely the weakest dancer left and it's time to go. Her Paso Doble was just wimpy and she just cannot "shake her groove thing" in the Cha Cha. I loved the Paso group dance. They were awesome and really fun to watch! I really like Warren when he dances fast, he light on his feet but when it comes to the slow dances, he's flat footed and no lightness at all. But, I think Susan's time is up, I hope.

I cannot believe all of the injuries this year. I wonder if they are pushing them too hard to learn too many dances and that's the reason for all of the injuries. I know it didn't affect Julianne's problem but all of the foot problems everyone is having. It may just be too much.

I really like Lacie but she does have an attitude. I watcher her on So You Think You Can Dance and I was hoping she would win that. I think she's added a lot of fun to the contest.

lisad1 Posted 5 Nov 2008 , 1:14am
post #8 of 17

Hopefully Susan will go home tomorrow. Thought it was really unfair to have to combine scores in the team dance to their individual dance. Cha Cha team 20, Paso 29 - huge difference. Susan really let that team down. Not only is she stiff, I always think she is about to fall for some reason. I'm not a fan if you can tell icon_wink.gif

I hope Lance and Lacie win it. He just looks like he's having such fun, and I like her, she is always trying to be edgie. Do things with a modern take. I give her credit. thumbs_up.gif I know that Brooke is a beautiful dancer, has nice clean elegant lines and all, but I'm bored watching their routines. Of course maybe it's because Derek (although he's a great dancer) is the biggest corn ball ever! He's always making faces, and is too hyper....not in a good way, I find him really annoying.

Oh well..we'll see!!

veejaytx Posted 6 Nov 2008 , 9:52am
post #9 of 17

Sure enough, it was bye bye Susan! I don't think even she was surprised. Next, probably will be Warren, he is the next weakest, especially in the slow dances.

Somehow the results shows have become a disappointment to me, even aside from having someone leave. Lionel Ritchie was good last night, but I thought the guest dancers left something to be desired, all that smoke/vapor, whatever it was.

Hope Julianne will be able to come back next week, Cody and Edyta don't seem to have the connection he and Julianne have.

cakemomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomof3 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 7:51pm
post #10 of 17

I really like Lance and Lacie too. Brooke is really good, but I find Darrick annoying as well. He is a good dancer, but he acts to goofy IMO.
I love this show though.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 8:30pm
post #11 of 17

I agree Janice...the guest dancers and smoke stuff didn't do much for me this week. I am glad that Susan is out. I look forward to another week.

lisad1 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 8:59am
post #12 of 17

Actually, I think this past weeks Wednesday show was pretty entertaining! Normally, I would agree that there's no substance...
I woulld rather see a half hour show without all the recaps and singers/dancers that have absolutely nothing to do with the show.
But, I thought the 3 guys (past celebrity dancers) were pretty hilarious! icon_lol.gif

Kitty484 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitty484 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 10:16pm
post #13 of 17

I am in the UK but we get Dancing With the Stars on Sky TV and I love it! I don't like our version (Strictly Come Dancing) half as much and even though I often don't know the celebs on DWTS I find it much more enjoyable to watch than ours.
I'm glad Susan went as well as she was really out of sync with the rest of her team in the cha cha and she is too stiff when she dances latin. I love Julianne and it's a shame she's ill. Will she be back?
It's shown on Friday nights over here so we get the show and then the results straight after without having to wait 24 hours lol!

veejaytx Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 1:29am
post #14 of 17

I don't know if Julianne will be back or not, I just saw an promo on TV with Cody and Edyta still practicing together. I hope Julianne will be back, but won't be surprised if she isn't, that endometriosis is nothing to mess around with, so her recovery may take a while longer.

Getting to find out the results right away is great, I hate the waiting, and find the results show with the recaps, etc., not so interesting. I did like seeing the kids competition, but they only do that a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to tomorrow night!

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 2:59am
post #15 of 17

They said tonight that Julianne will be back tomorrow and that if Cody makes it to next week that she will then be back to dance with him.

veejaytx Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 5:04pm
post #16 of 17

Cody and Edyta did great together last night, hopefully will stay on the show and he and Julianne can dance next week!

Just when I thought Warren would be out of the competition, he really did well last night! Can't help but like him, he is a big teddy bear and can be really funny as well as dance well for such a big guy.

Good luck to all of them tonight!

veejaytx Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 4:30am
post #17 of 17

Well, it is goodbye Maurice, and Julianne is back! The show tonight was good, if a little drawn out! I sort of watched the recap show, and find it amusing that they showed the whole thing in an hour instead of the hour and a half originally.

Julianne looked really good dancing with Derek, glad she is doing well and ready to come back and dance with Cody next week!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%