Has Anyone Made Rice Krispie Pops Covered In Candy/chocolate

Decorating By ybeal Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 3:04pm by -K8memphis

ybeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ybeal Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 3

I saw the cutest rice krispie pops covered with candy melts and decorated like Frankenstein, Ghost, Pumpkin - just adorable!

Tried it last night and they did not turn out! Candy melts didn't give me the smooth consistency I was hoping for - any other ideas? The melts gave me a thick coating, not very smooth, and made the pop very heavy. Would I be better with chocolate?

Also, warm melts on the treats caused them to soften, should I have frozen the treats first? I thought these would be simple....

Any thoughts?

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 3

you could try freezing them first if you want.........try adding about a tsp. of shortening to every cup of candy melts that will thin it down and give it a nice shiny gloss too. To avoid the "bumps" that are natural to the r.k.t. you might have to double dip them!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 3

I have. Really work on smoothing out the top of the rkt as best as possible--it will still have some ribbleyness but it will work. I don't have a picture but I did these ice cream bar shaped rkt on sticks and it looked like there was one bite out of it and the white ice cream showed through and those were fun.

But here's a picture of some others:

http://acmecakes.com/images/ph281133294-1.jpg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%