A Few Mold ???

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 2:03pm by jobueno

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:43pm
post #1 of 5

Ok, so I'm not sure if this is in the right forum or not, but I am wanting to purchase some molds from the spinning leaf company, but I am unsure as to what size everyone is ordering ... I don't know what the difference is between the standard bite size cookie mold and the standard cake mold .. they look the same in the pic ... I am wanting to buy the one that everyone is using on here for chocolate covered oreos ... thanks for any help!

4 replies
jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 5

Hi the cakerator:

You could buy your molds from spinning leaf or you can get them from candymold central (they have a better price). Anyway the spinningleaf oreo/cookie molds are 1" deep and the ones from candymoldcentral are 5/8" deep. I just purchased some myself and did my oreos last night icon_biggrin.gif.

I think the 5/8" deep mold is more than sufficient otherwise you will be using more chocolate than you would want to. And I'm not sure cause I haven't tried it yet, but I believe you could fit the double stuff cookies in a 5/8" without a problem and still have enough chocolate to cover your cookie well.

Hope this helps.

Lynnscakes_sc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnscakes_sc Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:01pm
post #3 of 5

Here is the mold info for the oreo cookies. I found them cheaper at candy mold central.com but I have not ordered any from them yet.

Mold Size: 8 x 10
Number of Cavities: 6
Approx. Cavity Size: 2 1/4 dia x 3/4 inch deep
Approx. Oz. per Cavity: 1.8
Sucker Sticks: N/A
Use With: Chocolate, soap, plaster or other low temp molding mediums
Instructions: None
Other: Not dishwasher safe, max. temp 140 - 150 degrees. Also great for making chocolate covered Oreo cookies.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:01pm
post #4 of 5

thanks jobueno! I am really excited about doing these molds!

jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 2:03pm
post #5 of 5

Hope it works for you I really had fun with mine. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%