Need A Quick Fix! 12 Hours To Go

Decorating By tirby Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 3:33pm by lapazlady

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 12:45pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a 3D CAT (tractor) and I have to deliver it at 6 pm tonight. Now the blade I made out of 50/50 gumpaste and fondant. but its not getting hard. Stiff but not hard....( setting for 48 hourd already)
I should have gone all GP I guess. anyway I need to dry it and dont know how. It is made with MFF and gumpaste. ....UGH so much for saving time. any ideas?

4 replies
cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:01pm
post #2 of 5

Have you tried a heat lamp...or maybe in your oven on low-with the door open?

'bout now is when I'd go to "plan B" and make a cardboard backing for that sucker! icon_wink.gif

tirby Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 1:11pm
post #3 of 5

This cake is a big sacrafice for this family to buy. I know they saved a while for it. So needless to say I would like to avoid cardboard if possible.... It is a bit chilly here so I was HOPING just sticking it in front of the heater would be enough..... but the oven is a thought.

tirby Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 5

just wanted to let you know the blade dried enough in front of a fan and on a bed of rice (rice absorbs moisture) so it worked fine. I posted the picture

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 5

Tirby, what a great idea. I shall remember that for the future. Good luck with the drying problem. You could try a hair dryer, with NO heat, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%