I Have Serious Question

Decorating By RattleHead72 Updated 30 Oct 2008 , 11:23am by JanH

RattleHead72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RattleHead72 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 8:19am
post #1 of 3

what are you guys using to make the shrinkie dink type ediable items on your cakes? I am new to cake decoing i have made 2 cakes one raiders helmet and a halloween one will post soon. I just cannot figure out what you alla re using tomake the shrinky dink characters. Also what is the name of the stuff that adds the glitter sparkle? icon_smile.gifusaribbon.gif

2 replies
tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 9:11am
post #2 of 3

Hi, I guess the "shrinky dinks" you are referring to would be made of fondant or gum paste and some use 50/50 mixture of both. If you use straignt fondant, I suggest using Tylose it helps it to dry.

The glitter stuff is shimmer/luster dust and now there is something called disco glitter (edible).

By the way, I think your description of these things are very funny - I needed a pick me up at this time of the morning. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your cakes.


JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 11:23am
post #3 of 3

Hi and Welcome to CC, RattleHead72. icon_smile.gif

Decoding CC acronyms:


Everything you ever wanted to know about the different dusts:


How to Make an Image Icing Plaque:



Quote by @%username% on %date%