Need Help Asap-Airbrush Liquid

Decorating By mittmitt Updated 1 Nov 2008 , 4:49pm by coffeechick

mittmitt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mittmitt Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 7

My 3yr old got into my box that I keep my airbrush colors in. She took the 3 small bottles and emptied them out onto the hardwood floor in her bedroom. Her dad is going to be majorly PO'D (we rent). My question is how do I clean liquid airbrush color up? Comet is the only thing I have found to clean it off my hands, but a hardwood floor?????

6 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 7

OMG, I hope the hardwood is really well sealed. If that color leaks into the wood itself, I think replacement is going to be your only option. Or you may be able to sand/stain/seal the affected planks.

If the wood is well sealed, you can use Soft Scrub or even bleach to try to get it up.

YIKES! You've got my empathy!

shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 7

That really stinks!!
Try Mr Clean magic eraser. I swear by that thing. When my daughter was 2 she wrote on my wood kitchen table with a sharpie marker and I used that. I didn't even have to scrub that hard. I know it might not be as bad as airbrush colors but I would try that. HTH

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 12:09am
post #4 of 7

The BEST substance to use is amonia.
If you get color on your hands use Windex to take it off.....then.......the 1st water that touches it should be as HOT as you can stand.
Cold sets the color - hot dissolves it.

mittmitt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mittmitt Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 3:33am
post #5 of 7

can you use amonia if your pregnant?

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 7

Sounds like something to Google or ask your doctor.

coffeechick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeechick Posted 1 Nov 2008 , 4:49pm
post #7 of 7

I swear by windex to clean up colors. It works well to clean off hands, counters, and floor. Use small amount to test area on hardwood, but i have used it to clean color off of our hardwood. Good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%