Happy Birthday!!!!!

Lounge By Curtsmin24 Updated 29 Oct 2008 , 3:35am by Curtsmin24

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 8:07am
post #1 of 12

Happy Birthday to all cc'rs whose birthday is this month!!! Today is my 25th birthday and I have begun to have a bad one.

I have not been able to celebrate a birthday with my family for the last four years due to my being in the military. Well yesterday (Monday)I went to my mothers house at 9:30 pm and stayed until 12:05am. I left devastated because my family FORGOT!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

I have a really busy schedule today and I have a class from 6:00pm until 11:00pm so I told my mom I would go by last night and at least they will be able to spend the first 5 minutes of my birthday with me. I live about 45 minutes away so they had time to get a cake or something. Usually at midnight I get all types of phone calls (especially from them regardless of what day of the week it is.) on my birthday. I got up and said it's 12:05 and it's officially my birthday and my mom looked at me and said "today is your birthday". She was SERIOUS. I couldn't help but get all choked up.

My husband thought I was overreacting until I explained why.....
Well as I said earlier I haven't celebrated my birthday with my family in 4 years and this is the first time in 4 years that we are all together. (including spouses, children, and a few cousins) and to me it was supposed to be a special birthday. I am still a little sad. My sweet hubby and I stopped at the gas station to get gas and he sits in the car and had a hostess cupcake in his hand with a lit candle singing me happy birthday. The guy at the register let him light the candle in the store! icon_biggrin.gif

It was really sweet of him and I love him for that.....he said he wanted me to feel special despite the fact that my family didn't. He said he didn't worry about getting me a cake because he thought that was why my mom wanted me to come over there. I know he felt horrible so I just left it alone.

The thing that really upset me was that she said that she thought I was going to make my own birthday cake this year. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I just don't have the time.

Every year they bought me a carvel icecream cake until I went into the military. While I was stationed in California my coworkers bought me an icecream cake and I almost cried because I felt so special. When I got home that same night my then boyfriend (hubby) bought me a ice cream cake and all of our military buddies were in my barracks singing me happy birthday. The year after that they took me to a bar and had a cake for me and I was extatic because they treated me like family. I swear I even got cards from the commandant giving me the day off of work. A person I never got to meet!! This year I get nothing!!!

Thanks for letting me vent.....I reallly do wish you all a happy birthday and a better birthday than mine.

Blow out your candles and share your birthday stories birthday.gifparty.gif

11 replies
Curtsmin24 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 9:07am
post #2 of 12

Hope to hear from some of you soon. icon_sad.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 9:35am
post #3 of 12

Happy Birthday Curtsmin24! party.gifbirthday.gifprincess.gif
Congrats on being a Quarter-Century Old! icon_biggrin.gif

Sometimes the only way to get what you want is to say it out loud!

First thing tomorrow, call your mom and tell her you want a big celebration for this special-after-4-years-apart birthday. Tell her you want to get the family all together for a party or a dinner out or whatever. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say.

Tell your husband you want that special ice cream cake too! Tell him how important it is to you. I'm sure he already knows.

Good Luck!

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 9:38am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtsmin24

My sweet hubby and I stopped at the gas station to get gas and he sits in the car and had a hostess cupcake in his hand with a lit candle singing me happy birthday. The guy at the register let him light the candle in the store! icon_biggrin.gif

It was really sweet of him and I love him for that.....he said he wanted me to feel special despite the fact that my family didn't.

OMG, your DH is a keeper. thumbs_up.gif This made me get all teary-eyed and now I'm sniffling.

Happy Birthday from your CC family, too!

Curtsmin24 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 10:46am
post #5 of 12

Thank you!!! icon_biggrin.gif I will call her this afternoon on my break.... it just made me a little disappointed in her and I could tell that she felt awful when I left because I was just in tears and I said it's not a big deal it's just a birthday, right? I'm sure she'll realize it sometime before I call her but it was a little harse at the time.

susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 12:18pm
post #6 of 12

Happy Birthday Curtsmin24! My 53rd birthday was the 19th and 35th anniversary yesterday. icon_smile.gif Only a few remembered my birthday and no one remembered our anniversary. Well WE did. LOL.
Susie
IT'S ALL GOOD! icon_biggrin.gif

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 5:29pm
post #7 of 12

happy birthday darling
{{{{{{{{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

my birthday is tomorrow- ill be 27.
I've had to work on my birthday every year for the last 15 years at a dang boat show, which means that the whole two weeks before and the week after everyone was always too busy and I never even got a birthday dinner.

This year I am throwing myself a halloween birthday dinner.

I wish you the happiest of birthdays with your awesome hubby, oh and thank you for all your hard work in the military.

where in FL are you?? im in west palm, dont you love the cold front we got today icon_smile.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 2:21am
post #8 of 12

Commandant...Are you in the USMC? I'm partial to Marines since DH and I both served in the Marines.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! I'm so sorry your family forgot your b-day. However, know that you are still special to everyone around you. You sound much loved and that's what counts. Just tell your family they can buy you diamonds to make up for it
icon_wink.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 3:10am
post #9 of 12

Happy Birthday Curtsmin24...may the rest of your birthday be filled with some happiness and joy. Don't fret over your family forgetting your day...just filled blessed and thank the Lord for letting you see another birthday icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 3:16am
post #10 of 12

party.gifbirthday.gif Happy Birthday Curtsmin24! birthday.gifparty.gif

Why not give your family a chance to correct their faux pas icon_redface.gif by letting them take you out for dinner or having a party for you. thumbs_up.gif

Nothing wrong with telling them your restaurant choice or that you'd like an ice cream cake for the party. I'm sure they want to make this birthday a special occasion princess.gif (for all the reasons you mentioned).

Here's a little birthday quote to cheer you up...

Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.
Larry Lorenzoni

HTH

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 3:18am
post #11 of 12

Edited to delete duplicate post. icon_redface.gif

Curtsmin24 Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 3:35am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Quote:

Commandant...Are you in the USMC?

Yes, I finished my tour last year!! icon_smile.gif

Thank you all for your kind words and for cheering me up. icon_biggrin.gif I feel really good now thanks to all of you. I will request a birthday dinner as soon as I get in touch with my family tonight. Hugs back to all of you and thank you icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifparty.gifbirthday.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%