Cake With Fresh Fruit

Decorating By lifonahil Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 6:16am by GI

lifonahil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lifonahil Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:28am
post #1 of 6

I need to make a cake with fresh fruit. But i am gonna cover the cake with fondant. But fondant does not due well int he fridge. What do i do? I always put fresh fruit cakes in the fridge. I am stumped can someone help plz.

5 replies
mommy1st Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy1st Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 2:56pm
post #2 of 6

I worked for a bakery in Chicago and they had us refridgerate all of the wedding cakes. We never had a problem with the fondant. They would sweat some, but it didn't hurt anything. Hope this helps.

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 6

There was a thread on here, just last week I think, about fondant in the fridge. From what I can remember - the arguments centered on 1) It depends on what type of fondant you use and 2) what kind of fridge you use.
If you already know that your fondant doesn't do well in your fridge - I'd be afraid to chance it. I'll see if I can find the thread before someone else does...

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 6

There was a thread on here, just last week I think, about fondant in the fridge. From what I can remember - the arguments centered on 1) It depends on what type of fondant you use and 2) what kind of fridge you use.
If you already know that your fondant doesn't do well in your fridge - I'd be afraid to chance it. I'll see if I can find the thread before someone else does...

Well, this isn't the one I was thinking of but this may help:

[/url]http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-596876-fondant.html+refrigerator [url][/url]

OK, I'm sorry - I don't understand how to make it a clickable link.
And I saw that you didn't say your fondant doesn't do well in the fridge - so maybe you could do a little test.

OR - some one who knows more and is less scatterbrained than I will help! icon_redface.gif

lifonahil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lifonahil Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:54am
post #5 of 6

Ok thank you so much. I use fondex. Has anyone used this brand and put in the fridge?

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 6:16am
post #6 of 6

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-607591-0-days0-orderasc-.html

Not sure on Fondex brand, but here is a post you may wish to read. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%