Ricky Bobby Cake

Decorating By trishalynn0708 Updated 28 Oct 2008 , 5:20am by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 11:14am
post #1 of 12

I was just wondering if anyone has seen or done a Ricky Bobby cake from the movie Talladega Nights? My oldest brother loves that movie and I just watched it for the first time last night and would love to do a cake for him!

11 replies
trishalynn0708 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 12:20pm
post #2 of 12

or even cupcakes

lillykaci1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillykaci1 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 12

well I've done 3d race cars before...Maybe you could do something with his car!!

trishalynn0708 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 12

i'm not that experienced.. lol! I wanted like a picture or something to go by. something simple!.

I will take a look at your photos. Thanks for replying!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 12

It was a Nascar movie, and they made a big deal about the sponsors of their cars, (they even had a Thanksgiving-type scene with all of the take-out boxes on the table) - Kentucky Fried Chicken; Wonder bread; Old Spice... Pizza Hut?
'Shake and Bake' was what they said as they touched fists before every race...
3 pages of quotes from the movie - http://www.reelmovienews.com/quotes/movies/talladega-nights/

trishalynn0708 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 12

No one has done anything like this or seen anything online? I tried doing a google search but came up with nothing!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 12:07am
post #7 of 12

There are many oval race track cakes, but I've never seen one specifically for Talladega Nights. I'll keep looking.

RiLinNa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RiLinNa Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 2:35am
post #8 of 12

I think the wonder bread race car would nail it. My husband loves that movie. I have never tried a cake for that but may do one in the future. Powerade is mentioned a lot too.

There are so many things to choose from in that movie but none that would scream the movie title. I am interested to know what you are going to pick and would love to see the finished product.

RiLinNa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RiLinNa Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 2:42am
post #9 of 12

I just asked my husband for an idea and he suggested the race car helmet or...and now he is laughing.....a man in his undies and helmet who thinks he is on fire. LOL!

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 2:52am
post #10 of 12

You could do a race track cake with his car and the French guy's and put some quotes along the side of the cake. The quotes and one-liners are what really makes a Will Ferrell movie.

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 3:03am
post #11 of 12

Did you know that according to Ricky Bobby, Maypax is the official sponsor of Nascar!! lol i love that movie! no ideas, but can't wait to see what you come up with!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 5:20am
post #12 of 12

i love this movie! i love the grace scene the best. can't wait to see what you'll come up with. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%