Help With Cuddly Bear Pan

Decorating By jenlg Updated 27 Oct 2008 , 2:10am by jenlg

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 6

I tried to make the bear pan with a yellow cake today...it turned out gummy inside. This was the second one I tried.....first one was gummy too. I baked one 50 minutes and the other was longer...still gummy. Any idea what I did wrong? I used a regular box mix for it. Anyone else have problems with this cake pan?

5 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 6

Have you had your oven check lately?
Not fimilar w/that perticular pan but most of yur 3-dpans take much longer to b ake thru. Maybe you just need to leave it in there until you are SURE it is done....can take up to 75 minutes.

jenlg Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 6

It's a gas oven, about 2 years old. Guess I'll just have to bake it longer.

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 1:57am
post #4 of 6

I bake my bear at 325 for a longer time. I do use a doctored mix too. I have also inquired how long to bake it without the core and got some good advice. Here's the link:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-603119.html

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:08am
post #5 of 6

I hear you need to use a pound cake for that kind of pan. Something sturdier than your standard box mix yellow. The 3d durable recipe might be a good one to try. Its on here in the recipe section. I found that particular pan to be a nightmare. I got it out of the box and I needed a pliers to use the clips. I put it back in the box and returned it.

jenlg Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:10am
post #6 of 6

Thanks tracey that linked helped alot and went on to another link. I think I'll try without the core and bake longer at a lower temp. The customer wants yellow and not a pound cake so I'm hoping this way will do the trick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%