Acetate In Sm Qty

Decorating By acookieobsession Updated 27 Oct 2008 , 1:46am by tracey1970

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 7

I know where I can get acetate by the boatloads....but I am having trouble finding it by the small qty. If they have it a michael's what section do you think I shoudl look? Or would it be called something else? Is it the same as transparency sheets or different?

I need to try to make some choc. cigs, but I don't to buy the 1000 sheets until I actually get the order....cheap I know, but I am really trying to buy only what I need....seems I have been spending all my profit on stuff!

Thanks a bunch,

JUlia

6 replies
Suewillo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suewillo Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 7

you could check out an office supply store they should have them.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 7

At Michael's look in the art supply section where they have rolls of it for a reasonable price--there are different thicknesses in mils.

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

At Michael's look in the art supply section where they have rolls of it for a reasonable price--there are different thicknesses in mils.

Thanks I've been wanting to make some mousse tortes, but have been to lazy to look for acetate. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 9:31pm
post #5 of 7

I believe they also call it mylar don't they?
(I mighta made that part up.)

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 11:00pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

I believe they also call it mylar don't they?
(I mighta made that part up.)

I think mylar is a different compound, but yes if not the same they are very close. I don't know if mylar would be food safe though.

Eons, and eons ago. They used to design car parts on mylar full size. Design rooms would have to be huge due to these mile long sheets. You would waste more time rolling, and unrolling mylar just to look at different areas of the parts you were trying to make. LOLOL

Mike

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 1:46am
post #7 of 7

I buy my acetate sheets (I call them overhead transparencies - must be the teacher in me!) at Staples. It's a business supply store, but I'm not sure if it's only Canadian?? I can buy them there in packs of 5 sheets and up from there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%