Need Help Asap!

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 27 Oct 2008 , 5:56pm by panipuri

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 6:14pm
post #1 of 6

Some friends of ours are having a 40th anniversary party friday. Yesterday their daughter approached me and told me she just found out the day beforeI do cakes. I do this as a hobby. Any way they were married in Puerto Rico. The have ordered a bouquet for a 6 in. cake. They are tropical looking red and green. That is all I have to go on. They just want a small cake usung the bouquet. And a sheet cake. I do not know what to do for the sheet cake. I really have no way of knowing how to decorate it. I do not know what kind of red ar flowers to make. Or how to make without flowers. Any ideas. I have to do this by friday. I told her I would help her out. Any pictures to give me ideas? Thanks.

5 replies
bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 6

Any ideas?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:39am
post #3 of 6
jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 2:46pm
post #4 of 6

Hibostonterrierlady:
Maybe you could ask for a picture of the happy couple and run to your local supermarket bakery and get the picture printed on icing paper. this way you could use this for the sheet cake? then you just place a discrete border of icing around the picture.

trishalynn0708 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trishalynn0708 Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with jobueno.. Something easy to do...

panipuri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panipuri Posted 27 Oct 2008 , 5:56pm
post #6 of 6

you could cut out an oval template for the center of the sheetcake and mark it out with a toothpick. Write congratulations in red and on the oval border pipe a shell or some border to mark the oval design. From the oval border to the end of the sheet cake edge do cornelli or some scroll work in red. It will look elegant and pretty. So the center within the oval is plain with congratulations . and around the oval is cornelli. HTH Elaine

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%