Anyone Planning On Taking The Kerry Vincent Class In Feb?

Decorating By leah_s Updated 25 Oct 2008 , 10:48pm by -K8memphis

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 15

Yes, Ii know she's totally fabulous, but the early bird registration is $800 and then I'd have to add on airfare and hotel and food. Anyone been?

14 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 15

In Oklahoma or where is it at?

-K8memphis Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 15

Caljava, in Northridge CA?

Hmm, my sister is only an hour away, I could stay with her. Then at the end of class I could go visit my son, Chef-boy, formerly aka Chef-wanna-be in St. Helena.

I mean it's enticing but no real plans.
I'm not sure what a bookstore manager needs with any more fricken cake classes anyway--buhht I'm not bitther. icon_biggrin.gif

I can heartily recommend Brownwen Webber's class.

Thanks for the heads up though. You going?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 15

No this one is in Minneapolis.

-K8memphis Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 15

The words February, Minneapolis and Me in the same sentence are like opposite ends of the magnet kwim. icon_lol.gif

Wow what a class though--hope you get to go.

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 6:30pm
post #6 of 15

I've thought about it, but I'm signed up for the Ron ben Israel class at
Caljava in January and I've got a ton of start-up costs here so I probably won't.

The Caljava website seems to indicate she'll be there in 2009 if all goes well and there's no chance there of having to battle snow, so I think I'll wait. It would be cool to have a few of us sign up together.

Anyone else taking the Ron Ben Israel class? PM me so we don't hi-jack this thread.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 6:44pm
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

The words February, Minneapolis and Me in the same sentence are like opposite ends of the magnet kwim. icon_lol.gif

A big LOL on that one!

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 8:56pm
post #8 of 15

Indy---

I took the one hour demonstration class at ICES from Kerry! It was my first ever ICES class and she was WONDERFUL!!! From looking at the information, it seems like a large portion of the cost is for some of the materials. But what she's teaching sounds just like what I learned at the convention. My mind is swirling from all of her knowledge and tips and ideas.

Paul (& Peter)

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 9:05pm
post #9 of 15

anyone have a link to the info on this thing?

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 9:11pm
post #10 of 15

Isn't it kerry vincent that judges all those food network challenges? Sorry for my ignorance.

She seems so cold and well 'judgemental' on those shows..but i guess that's your job as a judge '0). I think i would be scared silly to take a class with her for fear of screwing up.

-K8memphis Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 9:46pm
post #11 of 15

Yes, that's her. Have you seen her book? Romantic cakes?? So freaking intricate--just mind blowing. And she's so neat too--her work muy precise. While I am self-appointed to be sure there's plenty of shabby in my shabby chic. icon_biggrin.gif

Wow what a class that will be. Maybe there's a book convention close by I could do 2 for 1 (I do the buying for a bookstore).

Agh, oh yeah book convention people go South in the winter--must be something to reading all those books--I don't know. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

buttawhench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttawhench Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 9:53pm
post #12 of 15

I saw the information today. I'm thinking about it. Didn't consider the possibility of snow. I sat in on an ICES demo too a few years back with her. I've been waiting for an opportunity to take a hands on class. CalJava seems to keep her listed but no knew info. is provided. I believe she taught a class there b4. I believe it's "wishful thinking."

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 10:01pm
post #13 of 15

The 800 and air,hotel I can't do but I'd love to. And since this is the only class she is doing all of 09 I have a whole year to save up for the next one icon_smile.gif

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 10:43pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

Yes, that's her. Have you seen her book? Romantic cakes?? So freaking intricate--just mind blowing. And she's so neat too--her work muy precise. While I am self-appointed to be sure there's plenty of shabby in my shabby chic. icon_biggrin.gif

Wow what a class that will be. Maybe there's a book convention close by I could do 2 for 1 (I do the buying for a bookstore).

Agh, oh yeah book convention people go South in the winter--must be something to reading all those books--I don't know. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'll have to see if i can find her book. I've not seen any of her work, just her face on those food network challenges. I figured she was someone important if she was a judge.

-K8memphis Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 10:48pm
post #15 of 15

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%