Your Opinion Please---Butter Or Margarine

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 18 Nov 2008 , 4:47pm by CookiezNCupcakez

DoubleTroubleCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoubleTroubleCreations Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 3:24pm
post #31 of 38

Well, I think you are pretty darned lucky with prices like that. Up here in Canada, if I can get to Costco, butter is $3.59 a pound and PS is $1.89 for a 2.2 pound bag. If I can't get to Costco, you are paying approx. $4.29 for a pound of butter and $3.49 for the PS. Consider yourself fortunate.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 6:01pm
post #32 of 38

ok, but is that in Canadian dollars?

DoubleTroubleCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoubleTroubleCreations Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:39pm
post #33 of 38

Yes, it is in Canadian dollars but the difference isn't that much now. Even when are dollar was at par, the price of butter and PS was the same. I think very expensive compared to there.

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:56pm
post #34 of 38

Here in Revelstoke PS is $3.69 butter is $5.49! I try to do all my shopping OOT!

mpaigew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpaigew Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:58pm
post #35 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenlg

I stock up when I go to Aldi's also, sugar shortening butter, everything. PS is $0.89 for a 2lb bag...don't remember the price on butter its been a while since I've been there. My luck the prices went up on everything.

Thanks for this tip...PS was almost $2/2lb bag for the generic brand at Wal-mart the other day. I'll have to check Aldi's out. thumbs_up.gif

jenlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlg Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 9:59pm
post #36 of 38

Can't say the prices are the same everywhere...but good luck! I'm still worried about the prices going up like everywhere else.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 17 Nov 2008 , 2:41am
post #37 of 38

This Southern girl votes butter. icon_lol.gif

-Debbie B.

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 18 Nov 2008 , 4:47pm
post #38 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTroubleCreations

Yes, it is in Canadian dollars but the difference isn't that much now. Even when are dollar was at par, the price of butter and PS was the same. I think very expensive compared to there.

AMEN!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%