Use A Flower Nail In My Batter?

Decorating By banba Updated 24 Oct 2008 , 3:37pm by banba

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 4

Do I grease the flower nail?

Do I sit it into the bottom of the pan and pour the batter in on top of that?

Or do I fill the pan first and then push the nail in pointy end first? That would probably sag now that I think about it!

Would you use this in all pans or just the larger pans?

Sorry for all the questions, TIA icon_smile.gif

3 replies
muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 4

Ok, I like to overfill my pans so I use one in all size pans.. I like to line my pans with parchment for easy release, so I just punch the nail through the bottom of the parchment before I put it in the bottom of the pan. That way the nail dosen't get baked into my cake, It comes right out when I remove the parchment and the parchement holds it in the middle of the pan..

muddpuppy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
muddpuppy Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 3:05pm
post #3 of 4

Sorry, that might sound a little confusing... so it'll go like this.. cake pan, flower nail sitting in center of cake pan flat side down, then parchment goes over cake nail to line bottom of pan and nail pokes through the parchment... The flat top of the nail is under the parchment... does that make any sense?? LOL!! Sorry, I'm not the best at describing stuff.. lol... And Yes, I grease my nails.. icon_smile.gif

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 4

muddpuppy thank you so much! You described it perfectly and I like to line all my pans too so this is perfect! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%