Absolutely Awesome Cookie Cutters

Baking By Joanne1944 Updated 13 Nov 2008 , 2:24am by Fairytale

Joanne1944 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne1944 Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 1:19pm
post #1 of 26

Last week I received my first eCrandal cookies cutters and I just have to share my excitement. The cutters are beautiful - heavy copper, great shapes and so well made. I just love all their designs.
One of my cutters is a custom cutter of my dog, an American Hairless Terrier - and it looks just like him. If you want to see it, it is now on their website: www.ecrandal.com
Just look under dogs or new cutters.

In a few minutes, I will post pictures of the cookies I made and a cake I decorated with cookies, but I didn't do these cutters justice.

Then Friday, I received my Fancy Flours catalog and was so surprised to see ecrandal cookie cutters featured on both the front and inside covers. How wonderful for this small family cookie cutter business.
Joanne

25 replies
sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 26

I can see the quality just from the website. I am glad you like your order! I love the elegant dress cookie cutter! Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Cupcakeluv24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakeluv24 Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 26

I just went and checked out the site I AM IN LOVE!! That is such a sweet story, and the quality is outstanding. I cant wait to get my first order. Thank you so much for sharing such a great find!

ashlie

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 4:53am
post #4 of 26

I absolutely love doing business with them.

They do business the old fashioned way--Personal! I love that.

I know what you mean about their cutters. Even the way they package them is special.

I treasure mine and hope they come out with many more.

Joanne1944 Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 1:27pm
post #5 of 26

Does anyone have pictures of cookies made with ecrandal cookie cutters? I am specifically looking for the Cinderella carriage (I love this cutter) and the castle - also the wedding/princess dress and the tiara. They are so unique and different than any others I have seen.

I want to make cookies for my granddaughter's birthday. Her birthday is in January, so I am going to give her these cutters for Christmas.

When I ordered my cutters, they arrived in beautiful, individual packages, complete with custom labels with the ecrandal name and the name of the cutter - perfect for gifts.
Thank you.

Peeverly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peeverly Posted 28 Oct 2008 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 26

Boy am I in trouble!!! I just went to check out the cutters and I bought $90 worth. Between my cookie decorating addiction and my scrapbooking addiction I am broke (and I'm not really any good at the scrapbooking thing - I just can't stop buying the stuff!!). I can't wait to get my cutters. I'll tell my dh that they are for xmas from him! icon_smile.gif

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 29 Oct 2008 , 6:21am
post #7 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne1944

Does anyone have pictures of cookies made with ecrandal cookie cutters? I am specifically looking for the Cinderella carriage (I love this cutter) and the castle - also the wedding/princess dress and the tiara. ...

Those are brand new cutters, so I'm not sure if anyone has had time to order them, much less bake and decorate! icon_lol.gif

I'll definitely be ordering these for Christmas! I have several of their cutters. I just love them -- the people and the cutters! icon_biggrin.gif

I did find these images I thought would be great for inspiration!
http://www.classiccelebrations.com/images/cinderellacarriagess.jpg
http://lakeharbormiddle.stpsb.org/images/carriage.jpg
http://toyfair05.alteredstatesmag.com/companies/mattel-press-kit/tf05-mattel-press-cinderella/images/CinderellaCarriage.jpg

Joanne1944 Posted 30 Oct 2008 , 11:25pm
post #8 of 26

Honeydukes, you are the best. Thank you so much for the pictures. They are great inspiration for the Cinderella carriage cookie cutter. Isn't it a beautiful cutter?
I am so anxious to make these cookies. This week I made 200 cookies. I made 50 basketball themed cookies for my grandson's team party and 150 fall themed cookies for his 6th grade class honor roll party tomorrow. I also made a few for the kids next door plus a plate of assorted cookies for my mother. Next it will be Cinderella cookies.

shanzah67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanzah67 Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:21am
post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeverly

Boy am I in trouble!!! I just went to check out the cutters and I bought $90 worth. Between my cookie decorating addiction and my scrapbooking addiction I am broke (and I'm not really any good at the scrapbooking thing - I just can't stop buying the stuff!!). I can't wait to get my cutters. I'll tell my dh that they are for xmas from him! icon_smile.gif

It's like we need a second job just to support our addictions! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 2:36am
post #10 of 26

I just know I'm going to regret asking this (due to lack of $$$) but what is a fancy flours catalog?

Honeydukes Posted 3 Nov 2008 , 5:03am
post #11 of 26

Mail order cake supply located in MT. They recently closed their brick and mortar -- which is sad cause the store looked cute from the pictures in their catalog.

http://fancyflours.com/

Joanne1944 Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 12:41pm
post #12 of 26

Fancy Flours has a beautiful catalog. This is the first one I have received and I love all the unusual and beautiful things they have. I just love the Twelve Days of Christmas cookie cutters on the front cover. Not surprised they are made by ecrandal.

www.fancyflours.com
www.ecrandal.com

cookiemookie Posted 7 Nov 2008 , 1:36pm
post #13 of 26

I love Fancy Flours!

The way they pack your order, it's amazing! I kept the tissue. It was Halloween themed with my Halloween order. They included some really nice recipe cards for Christmas cookies.

You can tell, it was packed with care.

Honeydukes Posted 8 Nov 2008 , 7:19pm
post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemookie

I love Fancy Flours!

The way they pack your order, it's amazing! I kept the tissue. It was Halloween themed with my Halloween order. They included some really nice recipe cards for Christmas cookies.

You can tell, it was packed with care.

I ordered for Halloween and didn't get any recipe cards! icon_sad.gif I'll be placing another order on Monday -- I'll ask about them. Thanks for mentioning it!

The packaging does look really nice. I felt like I was opening presents. I, too, kept the tissue! icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 12:00am
post #15 of 26

I'm also wondering about these Simon cookie cutters. I've never heard of them before and suddenly someone on CC was talking about them (but do you think I can find that thread??) icon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif Has anyone heard of them?

Lenore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenore Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 12:26am
post #16 of 26

I checked out their web site and those are some beautiful cutters yet I find that they are pricey!! I like to get my cookie cutters from another family business that has over 700 designs! They are not copper, yet they are very nice and not too pricey for my taste. Check it out: www.foosecookiecutters.com.

Honeydukes Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 1:14pm
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenore

I checked out their web site and those are some beautiful cutters yet I find that they are pricey!! I like to get my cookie cutters from another family business that has over 700 designs! They are not copper, yet they are very nice and not too pricey for my taste. Check it out: www.foosecookiecutters.com.

I'm afraid I'm gonna hafta disagree with you. IMHO -- the ecrandal cutters are NOT pricey! These are COPPER cutters, not TIN. Copper is very expensive these days. These are exquisitely crafted, by hand, not mass produced with machinery. They are beautifully, carefully and lovingly packaged. Their shipping is also very reasonable. Plus, the cutters will never, ever rust!

I have LOTS of cookie cutters -- both copper and tin. I've ordered many Foose cutters; they have cute designs and are well made. I think it's just one of those things. Some folks feel they're costly and are perfectly happy with, and even prefer, tin. There are things to appreciate about both types of cutters.

Honeydukes Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:18pm
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I'm also wondering about these Simon cookie cutters. I've never heard of them before and suddenly someone on CC was talking about them (but do you think I can find that thread??) icon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif Has anyone heard of them?

I can't find that thread either. I'll keep looking. Someone mentioned a while back he was retiring (might be the link we're looking for), but the site was still up at that time and there was no word of it. I thought maybe it was a mistake. Too late!! Here is a new thread about them.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-609747.html

Here are some of his cutters on Ebay. They were very expensive on his site, so I can't imagine what they'll be once people start bidding.
http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkwZsimonsQ20cookieQ20cuttersQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZR40QQ_mdoZ

I'd LOVE this set of ice skaters, but a little too much for my pocketbook unfortunately!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Simons-6-pcs-ICE-SKATERS-Copper-Cookie-Cutter-MIP_W0QQitemZ130268115296QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item130268115296&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318#ebayphotohosting

cookiemookie Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:34pm
post #19 of 26

I'm pretty sure Fairytale on here did some of the decorating on his website.

I thought he even named one of his cutters after her. I think it was an elf.

I was hoping to someday own one of his icon_cry.gif

Have you seen Hammersong cutters? They look almost as unique as Simons.

I have the website where you can order them somewhere on my computer. I'll post it later.

cookiemookie Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:36pm
post #20 of 26
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 10 Nov 2008 , 2:39pm
post #21 of 26

You can find Simon cutters on ebay as someone else mentioned but they are very expensive.I myself can't come to pay $45.00 and up for a copper cutter...but I guess if you are a collecter it's like any other hobby and we all know hobbies are expensive!!!

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 1:40pm
post #22 of 26

I'm glad you all love the Simon's cutters. Yes, I did do the decorated cookies on their home page. The "Elfie Jan" cutter was named for me and I was really honored. John and Debi are the most wonderful people I know and the quality of John's work is amazing. Works of art.

bobwonderbuns Posted 11 Nov 2008 , 4:01pm
post #23 of 26

Fairytale do you have a link to those pix? I got "page not found" when I typed in his www.

Fairytale Posted 12 Nov 2008 , 12:53am
post #24 of 26

Unfortunately I'm getting the same thing. Looks like his web site is not up. If you look in my album you can pretty much spot the cookies I've made with his cutters.

Joanne1944 Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:14am
post #25 of 26

Jan,
I love the elf. I think it was Honeydukes who also said it was one of the cutters she wanted. I wish I had known John was retiring in time for me to order more cutters. Of course, I would have broken the bank, but it would have been worth it. Now I just have to wait and check ebay to see if anyone is selling any that are on my wish list.
I do have a small collection of Simon's cutters and I love each and every one of them. John is a true artist. I hope he is enjoying running the ice cream shop with his daughter, but we will all miss him. John and Debi have taken the website down. Too bad there isn't a book with all the Simon's cutters and the story and the inspiration behind each of them.
I have seen quite a few Simon's cutters in your cookies. Your cookies are beautiful.
Joanne

Fairytale Posted 13 Nov 2008 , 2:24am
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne1944

Jan,
I love the elf. I think it was Honeydukes who also said it was one of the cutters she wanted. I wish I had known John was retiring in time for me to order more cutters. Of course, I would have broken the bank, but it would have been worth it. Now I just have to wait and check ebay to see if anyone is selling any that are on my wish list.
I do have a small collection of Simon's cutters and I love each and every one of them. John is a true artist. I hope he is enjoying running the ice cream shop with his daughter, but we will all miss him. John and Debi have taken the website down. Too bad there isn't a book with all the Simon's cutters and the story and the inspiration behind each of them.
I have seen quite a few Simon's cutters in your cookies. Your cookies are beautiful.
Joanne

Yes, John is a true artist. I've never seen work like his. Very inspired. I'm so glad you treasure your cutters.

Jan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%