Gummy Spider Recipe - Forgot Ingredient

Decorating By dellboi2u Updated 14 Jan 2012 , 1:55am by lrlt2000

dellboi2u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dellboi2u Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 3:19am
post #1 of 29

I posted the gummy spider web recipe and TOTALLY FORGOT AN INGREDIENT!!! The marshmallows!!! I am sooooo sorry and feel like a total.... bad word!!! I can't say how sorry I am.... I reposted the new recipe with the marshmallows in it... I really hope that nobody has tried them yet!!!!! AAAAAHHHHH, I can't say how sorry I am!!!! Please forgive me!!

28 replies
dragonflydreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonflydreams Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 5:46am
post #2 of 29

icon_lol.gif . . . glad you caught your error quickly . . . I had read your recipe . . . but hadn't done anything with it yet . . . hopefully everyone else is "slow" like me . . . icon_lol.gif . . .

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 6:58am
post #3 of 29

I just saw this post and didn't even know there was a recipe out there for this so let me say thanks for sharing first!!!!

Secondly could you please let me know how many marshmallow's are needed? I checked the recipe but did not see it on there (could be that the new one hasn't uploaded yet ).

Thanks again! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

marknelliesmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marknelliesmum Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 7:33am
post #4 of 29

I second everything xstitcher said! thumbs_up.gif

SaraClassic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaraClassic Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 7:48am
post #5 of 29

I was just getting ready to PM you and thank you for the recipe and the time & effort to figure it out! icon_biggrin.gif
I wanted to figure out something close to sugar veil too but never spent the time to do it. And I didnt read the recipe with marshmellows so glad I caught this post!
Thanks again!

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 8:38am
post #6 of 29

I just looked at the recipe again and its still not showing marshmallows. How many marshmallows do we need? A bag of minis?

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 8:53am
post #7 of 29

Thank you for the update. I had saved the recipe in, my recipes. I don't know if it got saved or not though because there is nothing there right now.....and I agree, the recipe is not showing the change.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 12:00pm
post #8 of 29

I know exactly how you feel! I posted a recipe for chocolate chocolate chip roll-out cookies, and as soon as I hit the sumit button noticed I'd forgotten to list the amount of chips. And once it's submitted, that's it. I emailed a question on how to edit a recipe, but never got a response.

Now I'm off to check out your recipe!

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 4:28pm
post #9 of 29

Did anyone find the updated version?

Kelley

dellboi2u Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 6:53pm
post #10 of 29

Okay, sorry for the delay, I haven't been on today..... you add 2 cups marshmallows (I use large ones) melted. I add them in right before you add the geletin. I have been thinking though.... I had 2 ratings at 5 stars on the recipe missing the marshmallow,lol. I wonder if it works without the marshmallows????? If it were thinner, you would be able to pipe a thinner pipe.. hhhhuuummmm I just might try it,lol. I posted the right recipe that has the marshmallows in it yesterday... recipes seem to take forever to upload!! Everything else is right on it just add the melted marshmallows and you'll be fine. Again, SORRY! icon_redface.gif
Rachel (dellboi2u)

dellboi2u Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 6:55pm
post #11 of 29

To measure the marshmallows, just squish them in a measuring cup as much as you can, so really it would be about 4 cups if you didn't squish them at all (does this make sense)

dellboi2u Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 6:58pm
post #12 of 29

now there are 3 votes at 5 stars,lol..... please if anyone has tried the recipe I posted without the marshmallows let me know!!! I would love to know if it works without them. Go figure.... you try and try to come up with something, and the thing that works best is the mistake!!! lol... story of my life!!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 7:32pm
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dellboi2u

now there are 3 votes at 5 stars,lol..... please if anyone has tried the recipe I posted without the marshmallows let me know!!! I would love to know if it works without them. Go figure.... you try and try to come up with something, and the thing that works best is the mistake!!! lol... story of my life!!

Yeah, that's why Post-It notes were orignally a failure. As was the Slinky. Somebody just came up with a new use for the failure...and made millions!

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 24 Oct 2008 , 10:32pm
post #14 of 29

Is the gelatin 8 envelopes of flavorless gelatin (like Knox) or 8 small packages of Jell-o gelatin? icon_confused.gif I want to make some of these this weekend. They look great! icon_lol.gif

dellboi2u Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 3:34am
post #15 of 29

Ya, it's the flavorless packets

KrisD13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrisD13 Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 5:28am
post #16 of 29

I know you wrote that it yields about 50 spider webs, but how many cups does it work out to?

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 6:24am
post #17 of 29

Do you think it is possible to scale it back to just a few webs?

dellboi2u Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 2:24pm
post #18 of 29

You could easily scale it back... I agree, it makes a ton!! I was just experimenting so ended up with a ton!! I would probably do a 1/4 of the recipe, so you have enough to work with. I'm not sure how many cups it all ended up with.... If I were to guess I would say about 8 cups.

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 25 Oct 2008 , 6:01pm
post #19 of 29

thank you!!! If I don't put color are they kinda clear?

dellboi2u Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:38am
post #20 of 29

They are white if you don't add any color

dellboi2u Posted 26 Oct 2008 , 1:38am
post #21 of 29

They are white if you don't add any color

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:30pm
post #22 of 29

Here's the updated (complete) Gummy Spider Webs recipe:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7283-2-Gummy-Spider-Webs-with-marshmallows.html

This is the old recipe:
(Need to add marshmallows to the list of ingredients.)

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7282-1-Gummy-Spider-Webs.html

HTH

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 31 Oct 2008 , 5:40pm
post #23 of 29

Thanks for the heads up Jan!!! thumbs_up.gif

SRumzis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SRumzis Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 6:42pm
post #24 of 29

I just tried this but it's a little TOO flexible, also all the whisking leaves a ton of air bubbles. Any tips?

kelsiedelizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelsiedelizzle Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 10:50pm
post #25 of 29

my computer won't open the link for the recipe; anyway someone could post it here or PM me? Thanks! icon_smile.gif

JanH Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 10:55pm
post #26 of 29

The links are 3 years old with recipe site software updates....

Googled: gummy spider web recipe + cakecentral =

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/gummy-spider-webs-with-marshmallows/

HTH

kelsiedelizzle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelsiedelizzle Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 11:32pm
post #27 of 29

Aha! Perfect! Thank you!!

JanH Posted 26 Oct 2011 , 11:34pm
post #28 of 29

You're welcome. icon_smile.gif

lrlt2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrlt2000 Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 1:55am
post #29 of 29

I tried this recipe today for lack of anything else to make "webs" and I found it turned out fine. It is like gummy worm consistency, so if you're going for cotton candy like webs, or lace, this isn't going to work.

I put the liquid in a squeeze bottle (the kind you use for candy melts/candy making) and flung it back and forth on two-sheets-wide of waxed paper (coated in Crisco) in a criss cross pattern, and then just diagonal a few times. It dries to the touch in about an hour or two. It did not dry hard, but I messed up the recipe in halving it icon_razz.gif I halved everything except the 1 cup of water for the gelatin, so it was more liquid-y than it should have been.

Here is a picture of my webbing with mess up on the recipe:

Image[/url]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%